gauge question!!

02true blue L

Established Member
DSC03899.gif

DSC03898.gif

the red wire you see in the picture is not hooked up to anything,does anyone know where is supposed to hook up?
thanks

yamahaSHO

Established Member
If you look at the circle with the letters in it under the blue wire, you'll note there is an "I" for ignition. You have to have to hook it up to a power wire that is only hot when you turn the ignition on ;-)

The black wire should be going to your sender with its current position and your blue should be ground (with its current position).

02true blue L

Established Member
yamahaSHO said:
If you look at the circle with the letters in it under the blue wire, you'll note there is an "I" for ignition. You have to have to hook it up to a power wire that is only hot when you turn the ignition on ;-)

The black wire should be going to your sender with its current position and your blue should be ground (with its current position).
oh i see,so where would you hook it up to,what wire?
sorry i am not much of a wiring guy but i try my best,thanks buddy!

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Are you referring to the ignition wire? You'll have to either use a wiring diagram or just a mult-meter (volt) to find out which wires are hot with 12v when you turn the ignition on. Since this is with a Lightning, you may want to wait for the Lightning guys as I don't have a diagram, nor experience with the vehicle... That is if you don't have a multi-meter.

Worse case... You can use the ignition-on wire from your stereo.

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
yamahaSHO said:
Worse case... You can use the ignition-on wire from your stereo.

this would be the easiest.
However once someone chimes in with what wire is the best..i wanna see a pic pretty please :)

yamahaSHO

Established Member
In my cars, I find the fuse box that is in the car and start using a volt-meter there. You're able to stick the probe in the back of the box on individual wires until you find out which wire is the one you want.

Users who are viewing this thread