Gauge questions

torrey

Established Member
I want to add a boost gauge with the apillar post mount. What other gauges are easy to tie in like the boost gauge on the Harley? And where's the best place to get em that wont break the bank?

Thanks,
Torrey

92 TYPHOON

Established Member
The boost is going to be the easiest in my opinion and also important. Others I would consider are water temp, fuel pressure and oil pressure. I wouldn't install them based on difficulty, rather on what will help you keep tabs on the truck. I only have a boost gauge in a steering column pod on mine.

oki

Step up or STFU!
Established Member
1st 3 Gauges you need would be the following:

Boost --> Obvious reason
A/F (Wideband) --> very obvious reason
Water Temp --> better to know what temp your at instead of the dummy gauge on the dash

Once you start building that motor then you can get into adding a fuel pressure & oil pressure

Now that I have built longblock with all supporting mods I run the following:

Triple Pillar Pod that has my A/F and Dual Interceptor's guages
Steering clumn Pod that holds my Boost gauge
Cut a hole in the radio bezel and mounted my Water Temp

Got a driver side middle air vent pod that I will be mouting a Fuel Pressure Guage
Going to get what's needed for the interceptors to read Oil Pressure

After that...I will be good and if I want anything else, it will be read through the interceptors

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Check out the AEM Wideband Failsafe gauge. It's one of the nicest Wideband A/F gauges you can get without going super expensive. Unlike most other air fuel gauges that have a basic LED readout that looks like an 80's alarm clock, this gauge has an OLED screen surrounded by a ring of LED's on the outside of the gauge. Not only does it display A/F ratios, but it can also display boost/vac. It comes with interchangeable faceplates so you can display any combination of the two on the OLED screen or LED ring. You can hook it up to your computer with a USB cable to set up the gauge, show live data in greater detail, or pull saved data from the onboard datalogger.

Check out the review here:
Review: AEM Wideband and Boost Failsafe Gauge Install | Dragzine

I have mine configured to show the A/F ratio on both the OLED screen and LED ring because I already have a boost gauge. But sometimes, I'll configure it to show the A/F ratio on the LED ring and vac/boost on the center OLED screen.

I have a triple A Pillar with Auto Meter Fuel Pressure, Boost/Vac, and the AEM Wideband gauge. (I relocated an existing Oil Pressure gauge to underneath the dash when I got the AEM gauge).

For a truck, it may be a good idea to get a Trans temp gauge, especially if you do any sort of towing. You could also get a water temp gauge to monitor the intercooler fluid temps.

Users who are viewing this thread