gauge setup

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
Im rebuilding an engine for FI and want to install gauges when the motor is put back in.

I want oil press, water temp, fuel press, wideband a/f, boost
I dont want to clutter my interior with gauges. Is there a gauge out there that can monitor more than one of these functions. I dont really want to watch my gauges, so a dummy light would be helpful. Any recommendations

01vert

Established Member
If you really dont want to watch you gauges then why bother with the AF and the Fuel pressure? Why not just check AF and pressure during the tune and then forget about it? Boost could also be set up with a gauge temporarily during the tune and then removed for daily driving. Water temp the stocker is fine and that only leaves you needing an idiot light for low oil pressure

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
why do want a wideband and a FP gauge? I would understand it if the casr was FI but n/a that stuff isn't as important...unless you do your own tuning.

cobraracer46

Banned
TheGord said:
Im rebuilding an engine for FI and want to install gauges when the motor is put back in.

I want oil press, water temp, fuel press, wideband a/f, boost
I dont want to clutter my interior with gauges. Is there a gauge out there that can monitor more than one of these functions. I dont really want to watch my gauges, so a dummy light would be helpful. Any recommendations
I would go with a warning light for oil pressure behind the AC vents and call it a day. If you want a add on display to monitor all the vitals then no body does it better than www.piresearch.com

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
na svt said:
why do want a wideband and a FP gauge? I would understand it if the casr was FI but n/a that stuff isn't as important...unless you do your own tuning.

I'm guessing from his first post he's planning on going FI in the future. There's nothing wrong with getting set up now for it. I had my wideband and boost gauge in a couple weeks before the blower went in.

Users who are viewing this thread