Gauge wiring Question

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
I am going to be using prosports gauges and they light up green at nite and white durrin the day.

I need to find a wire that I can feed power to the gauges durring the day. So I need a wire the I can tap that has power when the lights are off, and when the lights come on it does not.

Thanks Mat

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
That sounds completely backwards. I'm not familiar with that gauge but are you sure that it's supossed to be wired like that?

There is no wire or system that I am aware of that is powered with the key out of the ignition and no power when the truck is running.

JohninMD

Established Member
Would you even see it in the day lit up?

IF thats indeed what is required the only way i can think of to do that is to put your own switch in. label it day/night and then toggle it how you need.

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
That sounds completely backwards. I'm not familiar with that gauge but are you sure that it's supossed to be wired like that?

There is no wire or system that I am aware of that is powered with the key out of the ignition and no power when the truck is running.
For these gauges even during the day you have to power up the back light. In the gauge there is 2 backlite colors a green and a white. I want to be able to run the white back light when ever the headlights are OFF and the green back light when the headlights are on. I will use the dimmer circut to get the power for the green backlite so i can dim them if needed. The problem is i need tot find a power source for the white backlite, one the has power when ever the truck is on and the headlights are OFF, and then I turn the headlights ON it does not have power.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
look in the owner's manual and find a fuse that is always on when the truck is on (at the specified amp). Get a piggy back fuse and tap in.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
IneritaSVT said:
Not when you see the quality and looks of these gauges, o yea.... and the price!http://www.prosportgauges.com/

im just gona get the meter out a see if i can find one I the switch harness or the fuse panel.

why not just make life easy and tap into the stereo?
there is a 12v accessory line on there that should work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread