Gauges Gone Bad - Need Fuel, Temp Gauge and Circut Car

Philcsag1

Established Member
1994 and 1995 5.0 (5.8 R) clusters are unique when it comes to the speedometer.
There is the 150 MPH GT

And the 160 MPH Cobra

But the rest of the components are the same.

I believe the part that is defective is the removable printed circuit board.

This is a instrument cluster regulator that keeps the gauges steady and reduces fluctuations as battery voltage varies.

All other 94 to 98 cluster are not compatable

brianz426

Established Member
After weeks of searching...found one replacement kit made by ford at a ford dealer in Arkansas...my buddy at the ford parts counter said it was the last one in the USA (and if not they are very scare as he called around and checked the dealer web frequently, made a post on some intranet seeking one).

Anyway...the fuel/temp gauge and the circut board come in the same box (white face gauges for the Cobras and Rs); was made in 98 for a 95 Cobra (per 95 part number and sticker on box)

Circut board in the car was fine...gauge needles (little magnets I guess) lost their sensitivities (minds) and started reading erratically.

Good new...is the gauges are fixed. Funny news is after I put the new gauges in the fuel gauge then read empty...went back to the fuel tank and checked the fuel level sensor then had to wait a couple weeks for a fuel level sending unit. Made in 1999 with a 1995 part number

My buddy at the ford parts counter earned his case of beer :beer: as it appears it was another hard to find ford part.

...best news is I'm replacing bad parts with ford parts...

Do you mind sharing the part numbers? Would be nice to have in case they turn up at a swap meet or a company dealing in obsolete parts. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread