Gauges questions

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
So I finally started modding my '12 with the VMP package including the JLT 127mm carbon fiber CAI, 2.5 pulley, CJ 65mm throttle body, mc one step colder spark plugs and of course a VMP tune. Can't wait till it arrives. I've read a few threads and it just seems like good insurance to get a gauge(s) to monitor my car. I'm new to this sector of modding and seek help from the SVT sages. I've seen recommendations of monitoring boost, AFR, fuel, etc. I'm looking for opinions of those that have experience on this forum and what they recommend. Don't take her to the track much, but rarely I do have spirited runs, only in Mexico. I'm also eyeing the the Aeroforce interceptor single pod and wouldn't mind hearing experiences and any of the add ons I need or wouldn't need if I went that route. Thanks and this is getting expensive fast.

fullboogie

Established Member
Interceptor is the way to go, unless you're into several A-pillar gauges. Place it into the left A/C vent with a Roush vent pod and you're ready to go.

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
Thanks, not into multi pods at all. Is the interceptor a pretty straight forward endeveavor? I typically do all my mods myself.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If you don't want something plugged into your OBD port all the time, you can daisy chain sensors with a single PLX gauge.

fullboogie

Established Member
Thanks, not into multi pods at all. Is the interceptor a pretty straight forward endeveavor? I typically do all my mods myself.

Couldn't be easier - very simple install. Look around for pictures to determine which color display you want. I chose blue, but there are other choices.

TexasRoe

Devil Dog
Established Member
Couldn't be easier - very simple install. Look around for pictures to determine which color display you want. I chose blue, but there are other choices.

Pulled the trigger and went aeroforce with the vent pod. Took advantage of lethals easter sale. I went with the blue also. Now Im looking forward to all my parts arriving to turn a wrench. Thanks brother.

Roe

Users who are viewing this thread