Gauges won't light up

RED03SVT

Established Member
Turned on the headlights tonight and the gauges didn't light up. Everything else light up (center console and odometer). Gauges work and everything. Could it be a fuse?
Thanks, Brad

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
Turned on the headlights tonight and the gauges didn't light up. Everything else light up (center console and odometer). Gauges work and everything. Could it be a fuse?
Thanks, Brad

Seems to be a common problem w/ the Termi's...I put a 03/04 cluster in my car back in Sept. and the 3rd or 4th time I turned the lights on the cluster lighting died. I sent it to my buddy down in VA who is master certified in automotive electrical and he fixed it. I can put you in contact with him if you'd like? Shoot me a PM as I may forget to check into this section immediately.

~Lefty

RED03SVT

Established Member
They actually turned on tonight. 1st time came on like a charm. Last night I was messing with for about half an hour and they wouldn't come on. oh well.

divided

Established Member
They actually turned on tonight. 1st time came on like a charm. Last night I was messing with for about half an hour and they wouldn't come on. oh well.

It's on the way out. Eventually they wont turn on at all. I wasn't so lucky and they just stopped cold. You can find used clusters for ~$200.

VtekII

Established Member
have the guy lefty recommended fix it, its going to go out for sure. i give it a month depending on how much you drive it. he does some soldiering and your good to go. its like a 100 bux i think.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
have the guy lefty recommended fix it, its going to go out for sure. i give it a month depending on how much you drive it. he does some soldiering and your good to go. its like a 100 bux i think.

My guy won't charge $100 (you're talking about the other guy on here who fixes them). But like everybody else said...just because it came back on today doesn't mean its good to go. It's definitely on it's way out.

RED03SVT

Established Member
My guy won't charge $100 (you're talking about the other guy on here who fixes them). But like everybody else said...just because it came back on today doesn't mean its good to go. It's definitely on it's way out.

pm sent

Car only has 34k. Lights would be going out already?

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
pm sent

Car only has 34k. Lights would be going out already?

Got your PM. Sent my buddy an e-mail. Hang tight.

What I mean by them "going out", was that if it happened once; with this issue, chances are it's going to happy a few more times in the near future until they go out completely and not come back on.

Users who are viewing this thread