Gauging Interest: 99 SVT Contour

Graves

Established Member
I'm kind of interested in selling my Contour. Looking to get into something with a little more cargo room.

It's silver on MNB. 134k on the odo, and runs like a champ.
I've owned it since October 2008 and have been using it as my daily driver.

It only has a couple minor issues, but should be no problem to fix, as the parts can be had cheap. (window motor, drivers key cyl.)

The interior is in pretty good shape, maybe an 8 out of 10.
The exterior looks like a daily driver. Cleans up good. Front bumper is silver, but needs to be painted, and there's a scratch on the drivers side doors, way down at the bottom. Not very noticeable. Also, on the passenger's side front fender, it's slightly flatened, but again it's not very noticeable.

Headlights look great. All jacking point covers are intact. Rolls on 17" SVT Focus EAP wheels in gunmetal.
Runs and drives great. No issues with it, except the ones stated.

It has a B&M shifter & Magnaflow catback, so it sounds healthy.

Looking to get between $4k-5k.

Link to gallery: dgraves : photos : 1999 SVT Contour: #259 of 2760

Last edited:

Graves

Established Member
1) I think it was replaced with an engine with about 70k on it. Atleast that's what I remember the guy I bought it from said.
2) Not sure about clutch mileage. It works great and doesn't slip.
3) Not sure. I've only owned it since October, and the timing chain wasn't a topic of discussion. I've had zero driveability issues with this car.

Pronkie1

Established Member
Try listing in Contour.org ........Might have better luck there once you get past all the trash talk that goes on when you post something......

Graves

Established Member
Bump. I still have this. I'd like $2000-$2200 for it. I need it gone ASAP. It doesn't get driven (but to the mail box to stretch her legs) and is taking up space.

Graves

Established Member
I had a guy interested in seeing it today, but after getting it cleaned up and trying to start it, it won't turn over. I'm overly frustrated with this car, and just want it gone.

It'd be a great parts car or you can do a 3L Taurus swap and it'd be fine. The issues it's having just lie in the motor, and I don't have the extra cash, time, or the means to deal with it.

I just want it gone.

At this point, I'd take $1000 for it if you come tow it away.

If you part it out, you'll easily make your money back and then some.
If you swap a 3.0 in it, you'll be good to go for a few hundred bucks.

Stevarino8

Established Member
Loco Gringo is your man. Based on his posts he fancies the SVT Contour and muscles them up with three liter Taurus engines.

For a grand that is a find with the tow. I'm sure you have heard this before, "If only you were local!" For me that would be NJ or PA.

Users who are viewing this thread