Gauging interest in SVT engine build plates

Got Boost?

Established Member
I have a very limited amount of replica SVT engine build plates that I have come across. I can remember members requesting a source on these plates in the past, so I wanted to start a post to determine if there is still such a demand? If I could get enough members interested in these, I may consider making the few that I have come across available to the members here.

I do have these available now, $50 shipped per plate. PM me for any more info.

These are proportionally identical to the original plates that were installed on the valve cover of the 2003/04 Cobras from the factory.

10e1t6u.jpg

2lx9o2q.jpg

2yvnm2p.jpg

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
I need one... what were you thinking on price, and how would one transfer the names over to the new one.

Got Boost?

Established Member
They would come just as pictured, I do not have the ability to stamp the unique names into the plate. However, I'm sure that anyone who does engraving would be able to transcribe the signatures from your original plate into this one if you would choose to do so.

As far as price, I am unsure. It will depend on the interest and also on how many of these I'm able to obtain. As of now, I only have a few available to me and I have not been given a price on them yet. I wouldn't try to make a ton of money on these, just enough to cover my price plus shipping charges to you guys.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I might be game but they can't be too much. Used plates with signatures come up for $80+ on ebay. I'd say an unstamped repo would have to be half that.

Got Boost?

Established Member
Talked to my source on these, I'm able to get my hands on a bundle of 20. That's all they have. They want quite a bit for the lot of them though. After shipping, I could offer up the 20 for $67.39 a piece. Who all would still be interested at this price? If I can get close to twenty people interested, I'll go ahead and pull the trigger on these.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I was interested, but honestly since they are a replica I expected the price to be a bit lower.

Got Boost?

Established Member
So I was able to do some negotiating on the price, it's looking like I may be able to do $50 shipped per plate on these. Does that price sound a bit better? If so, let me know. As long as I have a enough people lined up to make me comfortable on buying the bundle, I'll go ahead and go through with the deal.

b_dike

Established Member
That's still pretty steep, but I would still be interested. I need one, mine has curled off of the valve cover, and I can't get it flat again.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I got one of these a few years back when someone was making them for $20 a piece. Then he was shutdown for replicating a license product.
I'd be in for another just because I think it's a cool momento if you're closer to $20.

Users who are viewing this thread