Gave up and just bought a 2002 Porsche 911 Vert

03Cobra

Established Member
I trashed the '03 Cobra vert order -- my build date keeps getting pushed back -- questions about initial QC, questions about QC down the line -- $5k dealer mark-up.

911 will be delivered to my door via flatbed Tuesday -- Damn, they even pick it up with a flatbed for no charge for regular servicing

I'll pick up a Cobra next year when (if) things calm down

03Cobra

Established Member
Sure -- thanks -- I will be back, just a case of a need (want) for a vert now!

fangstang

Established Member
Good choice man! I love Porches. They are as pure a sports car as they come. Congrats! What color combo?

svt03

Established Member
03 cobra when did you place your order and how far back did they push your build date??? After the build date is scheduled does anyone know how long it takes to actually receive the car or average

03Cobra

Established Member
My original date was May 27 or thereabouts according to the dealer. SVOT said June 15 then June, then July 11.

03Cobra

Established Member
My 911 C2 Cab is Meridian metallic (sort of a dark silver) with Black Leather interior. Upgraded Polished Turbo wheels with P Zeros. I did not order the hardtop as I will only put a few thousand miles on it a year and only in dry, warm weather.

Funny, though, that the dealer was doing some work on a 1968 Shelby GT500 KR Vert for a customer (tune up and some brake work) -- seems his customer love Porsche Turbos and Shelbys -- gotta love it!!

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by svt03
03 cobra when did you pMylace your order and how far back did they push your build date??? After the build date is scheduled does anyone know how long it takes to actually receive the car or average
My 01 vert had a build date of 4-01- 2001 and I took delivery on 5-14-2001.

Users who are viewing this thread