Gear Install

niterydr

Established Member
Does any one have a suggestion for a good place to get a set of gears put in my 02 GT? I have everything (gears, install kit, gear oil, tuner) and need some help on where to go. Also, what is the average price that a gear install run?

Thanks for all the help guys!! :beer:

-Ron

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wiseguy in Silver Spring, Md would do a great job on this. He's actually doing mine on Tuesday. Not sure the price, but it would be fair. And he's a long time MACA member with his own 600+ RWHP Cobra.

niterydr

Established Member
No ... last time I priced a gear install there it was 400-500 and that was me carrying everything in ... so thats -1 on JPC.

Yea I had a friend of mine that had them install gears in his gt and he had everything and that's what they charged him.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yea I had a friend of mine that had them install gears in his gt and he had everything and that's what they charged him.

So forget about them. Billy (Wiseguy) in Silver Spring did the gears in my Jeep. Jason (TRBO VNM) in Mechanicsville can do them as well. Your best bet is to call them both and see what price/time schedule you can get. Both are good guys, good mechanics, and long-time MACA members.

niterydr

Established Member
So forget about them. Billy (Wiseguy) in Silver Spring did the gears in my Jeep. Jason (TRBO VNM) in Mechanicsville can do them as well. Your best bet is to call them both and see what price/time schedule you can get. Both are good guys, good mechanics, and long-time MACA members.

Already have forgotten about them and have already been in contact with people. Thanks. :beer:

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
No ... last time I priced a gear install there it was 400-500 and that was me carrying everything in ... so thats -1 on JPC.

Bill at BAP would be your best bet.

:shrug: Tommy gave me a really good price on my axles, gears, spool, etc so thats why I recommended them.

But yes either Jason or Billy would also be a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread