gear questions ..

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
I paid $1200 for a full install including gears, rebuild kits, RP oil and all for my truck. I delivered it just like this(minus mud) lol. They did 100% of labor. It was $250 for the rear and like 350-400 for the front. Work done at 4WheelParts. If they did it for that cheap then well....you get it. Oh and they did a free inspection of the gears 500 miles later to verify good wear! Not turning this thread into a rant, but since we are debating what it should cost, I figured it was a good example of how some shops are fair and some rip you off!:beer:

f250bunnell-1.jpg

Doch01

Established Member
i paid $1200 for a full install including gears, rebuild kits, rp oil and all for my truck. I delivered it just like this(minus mud) lol. They did 100% of labor. It was $250 for the rear and like 350-400 for the front. Work done at 4wheelparts. If they did it for that cheap then well....you get it. Oh and they did a free inspection of the gears 500 miles later to verify good wear! Not turning this thread into a rant, but since we are debating what it should cost, i figured it was a good example of how some shops are fair and some rip you off!:beer:

f250bunnell-1.gif

+1

zPipes

Established Member
Nice truck man. Hope to have myself something similar within a few years.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I paid $525 for IRS installed gears in 2007. I think that was a bit high then but $500 seems reasonable?

I supplied my own gears and install kit, fluid soo $850 total?

That was one of the reasons I slowly learned to work on my car. Labor prices are a biotch and often double or triple the overall cost of a Mod

zPipes

Established Member
When it comes to these cars, yes a regular shop looks in a book and finds a pre set number that shows the estimated hours to spend on the job, and they price it using that times labor per hour which i think is about 80 an hour atm.

As stated, however, if you find a shop that knows shit about these cars, and works on them primarily, then you can get it done for 250 or 300 no probs.

I took my car in to tire kingdom once for an alignment after putting cc plates on. After about 15 mins of me sitting in the room, guy comes in and says he has to drill some holes in the strut tower. I said no you dont lets go look. When I got out there, he hadn't even opened the hood yet. At that moment I knew I was wasting my money there.

Users who are viewing this thread