Gear selection

majmacv

Back in the Saddle
Established Member
I'm beginning the inevitible mod process on my '12 500 w/SVTPP. One of my first mods will be gears. I'm considering 3.90's, possibly 4.10's...The car won't see alot of sustained freeway driving, and with the 20in rear wheels the 3.73's are really like 3.55 (or they feel like it).
[It] will also get a C&R H/E, 2.6 upper and a Lund tune....What gear set would any of you go with for "around town" weekend driving and 0-100 type playing?

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I'm beginning the inevitible mod process on my '12 500 w/SVTPP. One of my first mods will be gears. I'm considering 3.90's, possibly 4.10's...The car won't see alot of sustained freeway driving, and with the 20in rear wheels the 3.73's are really like 3.55 (or they feel like it).
[It] will also get a C&R H/E, 2.6 upper and a Lund tune....What gear set would any of you go with for "around town" weekend driving and 0-100 type playing?

do the pulley/tune and then see if you need more gear

I love my 73's but I'm at a different power level

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Before you go messing with the gears think long and hard about what you want to do. If future plans ever involve adding say 120+ more HP you will miss the 3.73s. Ever change out the blower and it's the perfect gear to most. Once the TQ goes up you will be trying to find tires to hold the TQ and HP of a high gear ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread