Geared vs non geared vid

2001blkR

Established Member
Lookin to get some 4.56s installed and was wondering what to expect. Anybody have a vid of a geared new edge vs a non geared. If not tell your experiences and/or track time differences. Thanks guys

omj

Established Member
Do a search CompOrange03? posted one a while back. I went 4.56 and never regretted it.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
yup.. there is a vid that was posted with the difference.. holy hell it was great. I "almost" went 4.56s but decided that when i add spray i would prolly run out of gear by the end of the 1/4 so i went a little milder.

01 Venom

Established Member
I went 4.10s with plans for my blower. If I had stayed NA 4.56s would have been it. These cars love and need gear.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
As mentioned above, for it to make a real difference at the track, you will need traction. Also, keep in mind that your highway rpm will increase substantially (70 mph goes from ~2000 rpm with 3.27s to ~2800 rpm with 4.56s and stock height tires). If you can deal with that, a gear swap will put a bigger smile on your face than anything else this side of a power adder.

Good luck.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Hey thats my car!! Haha, awesome. But yeah, anyway you look at it 4.56's >>>>>> 3.27's. Unless you plan on doing a blower or turbo, dont fear the gear!!

Jamie R.

Established Member
What part of Ga. are you from. I went from 3.27's to 4.30's and the jump is very noticeable and you will like it!!

Jamie R.
'01 Cobra

2001blkR

Established Member
Marietta. Thanks for all of your replys guys. I've seen orangestang04's vids before but just wanted to see if somebody had an actual race on video.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
zPipes said:
how are your ponies so low when stock rates our cobras at 320?
assuming you are talking about poneypower's numbers in his sig....those are rear wheel power and torque numbers. the 320 rating from the factory is a base engine power output(similar to flywheel numbers) where there is no loss through the drivetrain.

Anthony_Z

Established Member
Gears are the next mod for myself, I am going 4.10 with the current nitrous. Should shit and gitt... First gear with spray will be insane!

Users who are viewing this thread