Gearheads in Arlington...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
TrueStreet can/will install anything. They are just a vendor for Whipple, doesn't mean they can't install anything else. :lol1:

I asked Clint to clarify for me as from his email it wasn't clear:

We are not Whipple dealers, we carry Kenny Bell and Procharger. We are certified ASE but not for whipple. I would be happy to shoot you a estimate if you are interested in KB, Sorry i can not help with whipple

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I asked Clint to clarify for me as from his email it wasn't clear:

We are not Whipple dealers, we carry Kenny Bell and Procharger. We are certified ASE but not for whipple. I would be happy to shoot you a estimate if you are interested in KB, Sorry i can not help with whipple

I'm sure he meant in selling the Whipple to you. They get customers cars in all the time that have Whipples on them. They can install and fix anything.

Cabikejumper

Blown n stroked ;)
Established Member
DO NOT GO TO GEARHEADS. They gave my car back and it was very unsafe to drive home. Go to HPP,Dallas mustang or true street

40calcobra

Established Member
I have been going to gearheads for 5 years not one issue! Travis and Matt are great guys.

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
We just had Matt and Travis at Gearheads install a 2.9L Whipple on our 2013 Raptor install was perfect and it drives like a dream. Seems like a busy professional place.

Whenever you are dealing with "tuner" shops there are ups and downs (mostly due to the demands of the owners I would wager) BUT you need to look at the average experience. And by the number of cars and built motors there I bet the average experience is good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dark Pony

CLOSER
Established Member
Gearheads is great. Travis knows his stuff! Honestly, until I'm forced to think otherwise, I won't give another shop a chance.

Phatcha13

Established Member
May be getting a terminator tomorrow that was built and tuned by gearheads glad I came across this thread

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I went there..... Travis and Matt are nice guys I'm not saying they're not.

My car was there waaaaay longer than it was supposed to be! I put the entire turbo kit on myself all they had to do is snow stage 3 install and tune it. I kept getting the "it'll be done by next Friday" reply. Months later I got my car back.....

Then when I did get it back it hauls ass but drives like shit. The nozzles they put in my cold pipe for my meth were about to fall out when I checked them. The throttle body clamp for the cold pipe had been tightened so hard that it broke my tb and air was getting in there also. My AF is all over the place when I'm cruising, good when I'm in it hard. Surges a lot when it's idling and so on. What really sucks is when I'm in boost and let out of the gas it dies. Not sometimes! Every single time it dies!

I know some people will say "well contact them and see if hell fix it" but eff that. At this point I don't want them messing with it anymore. I have the sct pro racer stuff now because I've been to 3 different shops and every one of them has problems. Whether its costomer service, too busy to do a good job on your car or just plain don't know what the hell they are doing. Ill tune it myself from now on.

If I were you, I'd read up on how to tune and tackle it on your own. Don @ lasota racing is awesome to deal with and he has the pro racer stuff he can sell you at a good price. It's not as hard as all these "tooners" make it out to be. Of course they want you to believe its difficult! They want to rob you some more!

03cobrarocks

Established Member
^dude I was having those exact same issues after they installed my full return fuel system and I went e85.

Freaking car would stall out after getting on it hard when decelerating. But my car ran really good when I floored it, but idled like crap! I was like wtf is going on!

Took it to Truestreet and so far it's 110% better. The figured out some of my vacum lines were in terrible shape and that something was off with the tune (was dumping to much fuel after letting out of it hard I think)

Sucks becuase I had spent a lot of money and years going to gearheads and Matt and Travis are pretty cool guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread