Gears plus Xcal2 question

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
Ok I'm getting my new gears installed on Wednesday. I have an Xcal2 but I don't have a laptop to hook it up to (or the cord). Is there anyway I can have the speedometer calibrated for the new gears ONLY using the Xcal? I'm hoping I won't have to run to a shop to have them do something so simple.

Thanks

Iluvatar

Txyaloo scares me
Established Member
I guess I'm an idiot. I've plugged the Xcal in to the port under the dash before to do things like read trouble codes and install different tunes that my tuner installed. I just looked again and went through every menu I could find and didn't see anything anywhere on it that allows me to adjust anything on the car besides the 2 tunes that were loaded. Any help would be appreciated.

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
As far as I know the gears ration (and disabling rear O2 sensors, traction control) has to be in the tune. Atleast it's not possible to change with XCal. And even if it was possible I'm not sure I'd trust anything that beeps like a 80's video game to mess with my car...

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can adjust the for the gears with just the Xcal, but your tuner has to enable that when he writes the tune for your car.

Users who are viewing this thread