Gears

ThatBadStang

Established Member
I'm looking at getting some gears installed maybe 4.10. What do you guys recommend?
Mods: Kooks LT 1 7/8 O/R X pipe, Jlt Cai, Tremec with 2.97 gears and looking to go with the Cj setup soon.

allmotor65stang

Established Member
I'm looking at getting some gears installed maybe 4.10. What do you guys recommend?
Mods: Kooks LT 1 7/8 O/R X pipe, Jlt Cai, Tremec with 2.97 gears and looking to go with the Cj setup soon.

yah good luck 4.10 and a 2.97 first gear..and let me guess no suspension mods???

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I think you're ok with that tranny & 4.10. Sways won't do much of anything for straight line traction. You should look for the upper control arm video and how much wheel hop with the stock piece. Also a very good thread by BMR about the rear suspension, geometry, relo bracket, etc. But I ain't lookin for it fer ya

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Take it from a guy who has a Tremec 2.97 with 4:10's you will not be disappointed. 4:10's mt dr's (305/35/19)'s perfect combo. Even with 4th gear being 1:1 there no loss in acceleration...get ford racing as well! And other questions, just pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread