gears!!!

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
I have a friend that has an 05 f-150 5.4 extended cab and he wanted to know If it would be a good investment to change gears to 4.10. Would there be a noticeable improvement? Also what other option in gears can he get? What brand and price do these go for? Thanx in advance.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
no his truck is not lifted its actually lowered and running 20" and its for street use.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
thats what I waas thinking 4.10 . Will he need a programmer or do anything else to the truck?

spike_africa

Established Member
you have to get a tune on it to fix the speedo, plus the extra power is nice. Just do him a favor and get either a diablo or my preference an SCT flasher. Stay away from generic tunes from places like jet,hypertech etc...

www.vmptuning.com they have fantastic prices and i know the owner he is a awsome tuner. check it out.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
ooo I see is the x-calibrator v2 strategy flasher, right? what about the gears from who should I order them? He gave me $600 today to get him his stuff should that be enough how much do gears cost?

spike_africa

Established Member
well he has the 9.75" rear end since he has a 5.4 so those gears arent as cheap as mustang 8.8" gears. I would search around for the best price on those a bit. I would look for ford racing,motive,or superior gears as those are good tuff brands.

You can only use a flasher on the 04+ trucks so choose which ever one he likes the best and get it. The x-cal2 stragey flasher is a nice one.

Install is gonna cost you anywhere from 150-350bucks per axle (he is 2wd right?) other wise he will need to sets of ghears, one for the fornt and one for the back if its 4wd.

other then that be ready for some awsome burnout marks from stepping on it in 1st gear. a tune and gears are hands down the best mods for the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread