gears

Tai99

Established Member
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you all could tell me what rpm's you're running at 75 on the highway with 3.73 and 4.10 gears?

Also, for a 99 cobra, should the air silencer stay on, or off, or does it not make a difference?

thank you,
Tai

isdnmatt

Established Member
At about 2800 RPMs I'm doing 75 with 4.10 gears.

As for the silencer, if you remove it you're taking warmer air from the engine compartment and sending it into the intake.

What some guys have done is trim the silencer so that it still takes air from the fenderwall, but is less restrictive. This should be the best of both worlds.

I hope that helps.

-Matt

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Ditto for the trim job on the silencer....I'd opt for that instead of just pulling it off. :)

edit: btw, if you're considering gears, go for the 4.10's over the 3.73's (this is if you are not serious about drag racing, if you are, I would suggest a lower ratio such as the 4.30 or 4.56). 3.73's won't give you that much more of an improvement, because these 4v engines love the higher powerband. I *believe* with the 4.10's you'll be hovering at about 3K rpm's at 75mph, don't quote me on that though ...there's a calculator over on the Corral I believe that will give you the exact output...check into it..:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread