Geico Insurance

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
My policy with Allstate is coming up in a few weeks and I got a quote from gieco and it is half the price. Have any of you guys had geico and had experience working with them. Let me know I just dont get how a policy can be half the price if everything is the same, in regards to the coverage and deductable. Thanks :beer:

Mario93

Established Member
a guy I work with had them for years, no accidents or tickets....out of the blue they dropped him for no reason. Guess they thought he was due an accident or something.

scottm302

Established Member
I am in the insurance industry. I have allstate insurance as well now. Allstate is notoriously cheap and hard to deal with in my experience, not just as a customer, but business to business. Geico is the third largest Auto carrier right now and growing pretty fast. I don't work for Geico by the way. I'm sure bad stuff happens with them just like with all companies, but If the rate is right, I would go with them. They are a reputable company from all of the dealings I've had with them. Just my opinion though.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
I switched last year to Gieco for both my autos and Harley both because the rates were more reasonable and most of the feedback I heard was positive. No claims or tickets in many, many years and I hope to keep it this way. Good luck.

KDog

Established Member
I've had GEICO for somewhere over 10 years. They're pretty good overall I'd say. My one complaint is there incident handling. I know some insurance companies have some percentage rate they hike after an accident or whatever. The one or two times I've been involved in a claim with GEICO, I wound up paying for the repairs anyway.

For instance, I backed our jeep up right as someone was coming around the corner and backed into him. Cost of repairs - $1,200. I expected some slight increase in my premium. Instead, I was charged a $350/year surcharge for 3 years. Maybe that's a better way to do it, I don't know.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
I switched to Progressive and they are fantastic. Rates are low and the customer service is fantastic. I've never had a claim, but I did have someone accused me of a hit and run and they represented me for free. My rate never increased and the case was thrown out due to their investigation.

Buff03svt

Established Member
I used to have allstate, but my rates kept increasing even with a clean record. I checked into geico and they wanted to charge me close to a thousand per year more than I was currently paying. I ended up going with liberty mutual which was much cheaper than allstate. Hope this helps.

Scott

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Sapperstang said:
Fiancee has them. Geico sucks from what I have seen. USAA FTW.

EATONURLS1 said:
+1 for USAA. Best Rates out there i havent really seen another insurance company that can beat their prices.

How about a little "truth in advertising" here.... USAA is only available to U.S. Military and their dependants .. If you, or one of your parents are not in the military you cannot get USAA. USAA FTMFL in any other circumstances. They are a great insurance company as far as they go .. and you guys that have them have every right to say so ... but put the whole truth in there instead of only part of the story.

When people are looking for insurance, telling them about how good you have it when they have no chance of getting the same deal is kinda silly.

To the OP: GEICO sucks azz .. My father had GEICO for years, I had them for awhile until my first accident and they dropped me like a hot potato. One reason they have such great rates is because if you have a questionable driving history, they won't talk to you. And if you have a claim with them they are more likely to drop you than any other insurance company.

Allstate sux as well I had them for a number of years. I moved to texas and my insurance went up 3K a year .. total crap.

Take a look and see if "American National Insurance Co." is available in your area. Great insurance company with very reasonable rates. they May not be the cheapest but they are reasonable with great service and that is why I went with them instead of someone cheaper.

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
scottm302 said:
I am in the insurance industry. I have allstate insurance as well now. Allstate is notoriously cheap and hard to deal with in my experience, not just as a customer, but business to business. Geico is the third largest Auto carrier right now and growing pretty fast. I don't work for Geico by the way. I'm sure bad stuff happens with them just like with all companies, but If the rate is right, I would go with them. They are a reputable company from all of the dealings I've had with them. Just my opinion though.
What are your thoughts on Farmers or AAA?
Farmers covers my house, cars, well everything..
To tell you the truth I think I'm getting burned.
Jeff

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
EATONURLS1 said:
I know plenty of people that have usaa that are not in the military nor have military in their family?

No actually you don't. Why you would say this when it is patently untrue I have no idea. Maybe you should do a little more research into the "plenty of people"

From the USAA website:

Membership is open to:

Children of USAA members.
Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel.
National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
Officer candidates in commissioning programs.
Recently retired or separated military personnel.
Former USAA members.

I have been a government employee and am the son of a 30 year Air Force retiree ... couldn't get in because my father didn't have membership.

KDog

Established Member
I was active duty for over 8 years and still couldn't get in because I had been separated too long (notice the recently separated). I have to agree with RDJ on this one. The people you talked about must have military somewhere in the family, or know somebody.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I have Drive by Progressive. It was one of the cheapest alternatives I had. I got a DUI last march and with Farm bureau it would have increased $3000 but with progressive it's only $9XX per year so it's not too bad. I can't speak for their customer service since I haven't needed them for anything yet.

EATONURLS1

Established Member
well I have no clue has to how the people that have it havent gone through any type of military or former military background. I think knowing someone can get you access with them. That could be it. Thanks to the guy up there who investigated USAA's terms and conditions for membership.

Users who are viewing this thread