GEN McChrystal fired? Place you bet here.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think he will be sacked. As man senior GEN officer at his level and his experience I suspect he will be forced to retired.

He knows about the press and how to manipulate the message. Don;t fall for this, "SOF guys don't know about the press". This event was either intentional to go home or a complete mental lapse.

The political boundaries were crossed during the surge request last year with some off color comments as truthful as they may have been. Did the GEN think he got away with it then and could get away with it going unnoticed now?

I hope he stays because he worked hard to get a lot of nations to stay committed to Afghanistan. A change right now would be a kick in the gut to the moral of a coalition that is just now getting very confident in their capabilities and momentum against enemy forces.

What are your thoughts. Please try and distance yourself from any political biases you may have for or against the President, if you can.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
I think this could honestly go either way. You never change commanders mid battle. It's political suicide if the war turns south. Strategically I also agree with you, moral wins battles and sacking your senior Gen (who is already loved) is a terrific way to kill moral.

On the flip side of the equation, calling out your CIC is going full retard. Shit I'm not even sure if there is a level for that (especially to rolling stone of all people). If you have problems with your CO then you say so with discretion, or you file complaints up the chain.

I think Barry will use this moment to try to make a point. He will try to be a hardliner, which will cost him dearly.

Should he be sacked? No
Will he be? Yes

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Regardless of your political stance, senior leadership should not be airing dirty laundry to Rolling Stone magazine. He should know this.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Regardless of your political stance, senior leadership should not be airing dirty laundry to Rolling Stone magazine. He should know this.

You are spot on. What the hell happened to be in this position. Do you think he is tired and ready to go? Maybe not the way he is apologizing.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm going with he fully planned this. The info he wanted to get out got out (presumably). But he can claim the lapse in judgment (being it was confessed to rolling stone). Either way I think the President will offer to let him stay even though he has offered his resignation..... I think I've read too much Tom Clancy.

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
Today's armed forces are set to such a high level of professionalism. This professionalism is held to such high regard that nothing can trump it. Not public favored opinion, common sense or anything else.
I know firsthand that no matter how messed up things are that happen, things are completely skewed just to feed into this persona that we're always doing the right thing. If you deviate from that then it is considered unprofessional even when hard evidense or common knowledge is presented.
People at that level that he is at will be forcably resigned. Either he just didnt give a crap and wanted out for some reason or really felt so strongly about what he said that it didnt matter to him what the consequences were.

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Damn how many of these threads are there?

Seeing this was the first ask the other guys. This being a military part of the forum doesn't it seem appropriate here? You can ask the mods to remove it if it you bothers that much or ask the to consolidate them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
One reason I am on terminal leave right now. I CANT work under this administration sorry I didnt sign up for this BS

DaleM

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
One reason I am on terminal leave right now. I CANT work under this administration sorry I didn't sign up for this BS
No one signs up for this BS. We normally sign up because we care about this nation more than our own self-serving interest. that means serving even when you don;t agree with the politics of anyone.
Thanks for your service and enjoy the leave. I am on PCS leave until the 10th of July.

FEARED

Established Member
just because you dont believe in the leadership of this country doesnt mean you can not stand up and defend it. Getting out just because of the administration is not the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread