Gen5 3.0 Whipple 1/4 pass. Videos inside

wckdvnm

Established Member
I thought the SRA swap dropped closer to 150lbs not 75?

Besides the weight drop it changes the way the weight is distributed on the rear. Arguments can be made for keeping the irs as it is sprung weight but it comes down to usage.
Weight can be pulled out of the irs but it’a minimal and is mostly just control arm weight which is maybe 15-20lbs. But they are infinitely harder to go fast in the 1/4 with the irs cars barely breaking into the 8’s after all these years.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great passes! That car looks like the right type of fun.
What clutch? Rear tire?
-J

stangfreak

Established Member
Which throttle body did you go with? 150MM or 132MM?
so I spoke to my tuner at mustang magic and a few other guys, including terry at beefcake racing and they all told me to get the 132MM not the 150. They all said the 150 is good for the track where all you do is line up and go. Just on off throttle. Im very picky how my car drives, its a street car. so They all told me to get the smaller one as its also easier to tune.

And speaking of throttle bodies, I even felt the difference when I went from the accufab throttle body to the gen 2 billet flow. A mechanic at mustang magic 20 years ago even showed me why the accufab changed the throttle length and height of the pedal. He figured it out before the guys on the internet forums. Heck, an svtp member even made a hardware kit for the accufab to fix the issue. I bought the kit but ended up selling my accufab and kit to juiced46. The throttle cam has a bad design. The billet flow brought back my throttle height and length of throttle. and everyone who drove my car with the gen 2 billetflow even said, HOLY SHIT, its back to normal and way better! Including my buddy z who owned a c5 z06. A corvette guy. Even he felt the difference. Coming from a different car. People tend to forget what STOCK feels like. so I didnt want anything crazy to happen to again, hence, I went with the smaller throttle body.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
one thing I do regret, was not getting it ported. I kind of wish I would have spent the extra 1500 and had it ported.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Great passes! That car looks like the right type of fun.
What clutch? Rear tire?
-J
Thank you it's a blast, I love being able to throw the top down and taking my 7 year old daughter down to the store in it, very good memories and she enjoys it.

The clutch is McLeod 6335807M RXT Aluminum Flywheel Ford (1,000HP one they offer). It's great, I couldn't be happier with that clutch).

Track tires are Mickey Thomson 3055S 28X10.5 (it's their stiff wall slicks and I use tubes in mine at 12 PSI).
one thing I do regret, was not getting it ported. I kind of wish I would have spent the extra 1500 and had it ported.
Yeah I got the port and I'm sure you still could too if you wanted. I also got that bigger VMP intercooler. I figured I'd come this far what's a little more at this point lol.

The 132MM is the ticket if you street drive. We couldn't get that 150MM to drive on the street quite how we liked it, it was so damn leaky.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
so I spoke to my tuner at mustang magic and a few other guys, including terry at beefcake racing and they all told me to get the 132MM not the 150. They all said the 150 is good for the track where all you do is line up and go. Just on off throttle. Im very picky how my car drives, its a street car. so They all told me to get the smaller one as its also easier to tune.

And speaking of throttle bodies, I even felt the difference when I went from the accufab throttle body to the gen 2 billet flow. A mechanic at mustang magic 20 years ago even showed me why the accufab changed the throttle length and height of the pedal. Heck, an svtp member even made a hardware kit for the accufab to fix the issue. I bought the kit but ended up selling my accufab and kit to juiced46. The throttle cam has a bad design. The billet flow brought back my throttle height and length of throttle. and everyone who drove my car with the gen 2 billetflow even said, HOLY SHIT, its back to normal and way better! Including my buddy z who owned a c5 z06. A corvette guy. Even he felt the difference. Coming from a different car. People tend to forget what STOCK feels like. so I didnt want anything crazy to happen to again, hence, I went with the smaller throttle body.
Mustang Magic did the 2.9 on my car a few years ago. I was very pleased.

stangfreak

Established Member
Thank you it's a blast, I love being able to throw the top down and taking my 7 year old daughter down to the store in it, very good memories and she enjoys it.

The clutch is McLeod 6335807M RXT Aluminum Flywheel Ford (1,000HP one they offer). It's great, I couldn't be happier with that clutch).

Track tires are Mickey Thomson 3055S 28X10.5 (it's their stiff wall slicks and I use tubes in mine at 12 PSI).

Yeah I got the port and I'm sure you still could too if you wanted. I also got that bigger VMP intercooler. I figured I'd come this far what's a little more at this point lol.

The 132MM is the ticket if you street drive. We couldn't get that 150MM to drive on the street quite how we liked it, it was so damn leaky.
I also got the larger intercooler. For me to have it ported I would have to ship it out and what not. Trust me Im freakin pissed haha. I should have done it! I didn't do it bc I bought my new wheels and tires which was an arm and a leg. That was a dumb move. Too much money. Then of course they came out with the 18 inch cobra replicas for cheap and I was like mothaaaaaaaaa f lol.

stangfreak

Established Member
Mustang Magic did the 2.9 on my car a few years ago. I was very pleased.
Yea the old joe is retired and sold it to the new joe. They redid the whole shop and it looks great. It was also good to see steve, one of the OG mechanics. He is back. His work is amazing. The guy has skill. From welding to motor builds, he is top notch.

There will be something cool from mustang magic. stay tuned.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea the old joe is retired and sold it to the new joe. They redid the whole shop and it looks great. It was also good to see steve, one of the OG mechanics. He is back. His work is amazing. The guy has skill. From welding to motor builds, he is top notch.

There will be something cool from mustang magic. stay tuned.
Who has/had red hair there?

stangfreak

Established Member
A mechanic? I dont know anyone with red hair. Unless its someone new who works during the week. Im the OLD "new" guy there lol. The crowd changed. All the OG cobra owners and mustang guys are gone. sold the cars, moved on and moved out of state. Lots of fast cobras came out of that shop. My good friend venomous03cobra ran 10.80s with a full weight cobra, even had the spare tire in the back with power tools in the trunk, ported eaton. Full weight stock suspension. Then with a 60 shot at atco, I was there, he hot lapped the car three times and ran 10.30's. stock motor. again full weight car. Tuned by joey.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
A mechanic? I dont know anyone with red hair. Unless its someone new who works during the week. Im the OLD "new" guy there lol. The crowd changed. All the OG cobra owners and mustang guys are gone. sold the cars, moved on and moved out of state. Lots of fast cobras came out of that shop. My good friend venomous03cobra ran 10.80s with a full weight cobra, even had the spare tire in the back with power tools in the trunk, ported eaton. Full weight stock suspension. Then with a 60 shot at atco, I was there, he hot lapped the car three times and ran 10.30's. stock motor. again full weight car. Tuned by joey.
I want to say his name was Brian. and I remember watching that venomous video a million times of him at Atco

stangfreak

Established Member
I was also standing behind my friend who filmed the famous snakebite drive by. You can even see my silver cobra in the parking lot when snakebite pulls in with the black letters. I also drove snakebite right before the video was shot.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
What do you think it KB 2.8 looks like. I’m more and more thinking of ditching it for a Gen3R or whipple….I got such a good deal on this KB but I should have waited…
I had a 2.6 and immediately changed to a gen 4 2.9 when they came out, then the 3.0 came out like a few months later. I was pissed

stangfreak

Established Member
I want to say his name was Brian. and I remember watching that venomous video a million times of him at Atco
yea I tried looking for it but all his videos are gone. Its when he ran three 10.30s back to back to back with the nitrous ported eaton setup. we shot another video that someone re uploaded on youtube. It was shot in 2004. No ported eaton. He does a a few passes powershifting the shit out of the car. so I was next to a guy and you can hear him on the video say, omg I would have a heart attack. Then he goes, I had no idea the cobras came with an automatic. I said to him, THATS NOT AN AUTOMATIC, ITS JOHN DRIVING lmaoo

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I had a 2.6 and immediately changed to a gen 4 2.9 when they came out, then the 3.0 came out like a few months later. I was pissed
I’ll keep mine the way it is for awhile. It’s still fast but there are better blowers out there than what I have. Oh well…it’s all time and money, neither of which I have at the moment.

stangfreak

Established Member
What do you think it KB 2.8 looks like. I’m more and more thinking of ditching it for a Gen3R or whipple….I got such a good deal on this KB but I should have waited…
The 2.8 is a great blower. I bought one from a member on modularfords. standard inlet. when ups dropped it off at my shop, it was damaged. The snout was broken. I was pissed off. But a lot of my friends had the 2.8 and they ran hard. But Im a whipple guy. The 2.9 and 3.0 are where its at. Not a fan of the 3.4 whipple. Its either you get a 2.9 or a 3.0.

Keep what you have. or else you will fall into the trap like all of us cobra owners. you buy and sell buy and sell for the lastest and greatest and you are still within the same hp range. Plus our cars are old so, not sure if whipple or kb or vmp will keep making newer blowers. we are not even getting the 3.8 whipple I was told. so.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll keep mine the way it is for awhile. It’s still fast but there are better blowers out there than what I have. Oh well…it’s all time and money, neither of which I have at the moment.
Yessir. My car is plenty fast now too, and I don't really drag race anymore. I live literally down the street from Englishtown

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I was also standing behind my friend who filmed the famous snakebite drive by. You can even see my silver cobra in the parking lot when snakebite pulls in with the black letters. I also drove snakebite right before the video was shot.
That's badass lol. That's some great history right there. Where's that car now?!

Users who are viewing this thread