Get a load of these Evo posts on Autoweek

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll give any worthy car its due respect. The Evo's are quick, but some of those zealots are just ignorant.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Watching too much Paul Walker going backwards on the freeway can stunt one's growth.

That is all. :smmon:

ghostrydyr

Established Member
Omg

Bunch of ricers!! As always, it isn't the car thats weak it's the owners. These are the same jackasses I see on the track get humbled.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I test drove a 2004 Evo and beat the ever-living-piss out of it. Straight line excelleration (off-idle) was marginal. The car was simply amazing in the turns. I took this wide S-turn followed by a wide diameter traffic circle at about 60 MPH. Prior to hitting the apex of the circle, the salesman starts yelling, "more gas, more gas". I started to accelerate prior to the apex and then just planted it to the floor. The car rode like it was on rails.

That being said, there are very few times on public road ways where you can drive like that. If I was heavily involved in the SCCA, I might think about buying one.

I'm a drag racer at heart. I've had the Cobra for a week and love it. Torque is king, plus I don't want to do 4000 RPM clutch drops.

I wish someone asked those folks how many of them own a STI or EVO. Most of them probably drive a Geo Storm or Nissan Sentra. Magazine-bench-racing-bastards.

assclownaward2.jpg

Last edited:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Kids and their toys. I will say an awd car is easier to drive! But that alone does not make it untouchable

Romans8:28

Established Member
If you really want to laugh out loud visit the GTO and STI sites........ a laugh a minute I tell you, and I hate to admit the Mach 1 guys are a close second:

(sorry I am not on my pc with the links but is LS1GTO and wrxsti and Mach1 org)

merp

Captain Insane-o
Established Member
Depends on what road course. Something short, and kinda twisty, Evo all the way. Those AWD guys can take the screwiest lines around a corner I've ever seen (and I don't dare follow them, else I"m in the weeds), but on a straight, it's going to whoever's got the best power/weight and brakes.

Run on any track that lets you get into triple digits regularly, and the Evo's getting eaten.

But regardless of which track you pick, you've still got that amazing Mitsubishi quality! :rolleyes:

hj16

Established Member
How many time are you going to pull up to someone on and race in the twisties on public roads?

I live out in cornfields.... EVERYTHING in Illinois is straight. Hence, I win.

God damn I hate that stupid "twisties" bullshit :burn:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
hj16 said:
How many time are you going to pull up to someone on and race in the twisties on public roads?

I live out in cornfields.... EVERYTHING in Illinois is straight. Hence, I win.

God damn I hate that stupid "twisties" bullshit :burn:

I agree in a way but I like a balance of power, cornering, and looks.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
The magazine racing they were doing was great. All they could talk about was 0-60 times. Sounds like 16 year old Fast 'N Furious kids to me. They talk about those times and then they turn around and say that they weren't made for straight line excelleration. Then, why are they trying to brag about it.

CobraZb

Blown Cobra *****
Established Member
I just love how they have the nerve to be like yeah the cobra is more so to make it far we can add money into there cars but we can not into ours. For the love of god, who kepts there car stock anyways? Foolish kids and there little toys. Atleast my car can get me chicks.

killerstanger

Established Member
How is it that the magazines got such fast 0-60 times witht he cobra. I mean we have the power for it but how did they launch for grip reasons?

Users who are viewing this thread