Get on the ground, get on the ground, get on the ground!

dan1982

Established Member
It's really hard to reel that stuff back in once you let that demon out. The PTSD that you guys have is real. It 100% could lead to mental health issues that lead to resorting to physical violence to cope. I'd say atleast you seem to have a handle on your work from what you have posted. Just don't choke it down and let it fester. Bad things can and do happen.
I tell inmates alll the time... If i WANTED to fight with them i would sign a contract and we would sell tickets...... I dont... I will spray them in the face with the latest/greatest 587 aerosol dust/ or oil based pepper spray the minute i feel like i am not getting compliance. They seem to REALLY fear the pepper spray. Its a wonderful tool. I STILL end up in some uses of force... BUT its usually when i dont have the time to draw the spray or i wasnt expecting to have to fight with someone... like when they come off the wall and take a swing. I would prefer to NEVER to have to swing at anyone ever again... i FEAR THE DISEASE from a blood exposure.. MORE THAN ANYTHING. I LOVE THE PEPPER SPRAY. The latest and greatest pepper spray.. the oil based law enforcement stuff produces pain BEYOND endurance.

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
When I was a rookie on FTO we responded to a sexual assault call of a 3 yr old baby. Yea, 3 years old! This was the ghetto in a violent housing project.

The suspect was up stairs in his bedroom smoking weed. My FTO told me to go out to the car and get some paperwork or something and as I walked out to my Police car I seen the suspect "Jump" out the second floor window and literally land on his head! Wasnt pretty at all!

My "FTO" came over the radio stating "Suspect jumped out 2nd floor window trying to escape and will need the medics".

He never jumped out that window. My FTO "Threw" him out that window! No cameras or witnesses so thats how it stayed! Dude was ****ed up! Beat the **** out of him first stating he "Resisted arrest"........

Unfortunately with body cameras that cant be done today. I remember saying to myself wow the Cops dont play here!
I would have bought him as many drinks as he could handle after hearing that story... too bad hes no longer with us. God knows we need more policing like that.

Users who are viewing this thread