Getting a new car, can't decide...HELP

Go Heels

This space is useless
Established Member
Well, I get bored with cars...very quickly and the time has come to unload the 05 GT. My wife hates the Mustang...doesn't like to ride in it...says it's too loud....etc. So I'm looking at a few options, let me know what you guys think. I have a Honda Accord DD so this will be a garage queen.

2004-2005 S2000- alot of fun to drive, no torque however
2003-2004 Cobra-Hard to find one unabused
2004-2005 350Z-Easy on the eyes, not very fast
2004-2005 G35 Coupe-Same as above
2002-2004 Corvette-Fast....junk

...I just don't know, I've driven them all.....I just can't decide. I'm trying to spend around $25K since this is only going to be a weekend toy.

You can get a Terminator and keep it quiet with the stock exhaust or just by adding a catback to the h pipe. My Cobra came with a Flowmaster on the h pipe and it really sounds like a wimpy exhaust. The wife will get seduced by the supercharger whine. It does something to the cerebral cortex.

Common

Established Member
^^^^INSURANCE IS NOT WORTH IT.....plus cobra can kick its ass for not alot of money....corvettes are verry expensive to mod

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
None of those are really cars that I would consider toy status(except the terminator and z06). I would look at cars like the Lotus Elise or Esprit. Or perhaps a 2001 or so Porshe 911.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
Go Heels said:
Well, I get bored with cars...very quickly and the time has come to unload the 05 GT. My wife hates the Mustang...doesn't like to ride in it...says it's too loud....etc. So I'm looking at a few options, let me know what you guys think. I have a Honda Accord DD so this will be a garage queen.

2004-2005 S2000- alot of fun to drive, no torque however
2003-2004 Cobra-Hard to find one unabused
2004-2005 350Z-Easy on the eyes, not very fast
2004-2005 G35 Coupe-Same as above
2002-2004 Corvette-Fast....junk

...I just don't know, I've driven them all.....I just can't decide. I'm trying to spend around $25K since this is only going to be a weekend toy.

First of all, half the cars on your list I would consider DD's, not toy or project cars.

I say since you have a DD, be patient and find a low mile Terminator. Does it have to be a newer model car? Whats wrong with the 03/04 Mach 1? bolt on a blower and be faster than a stock 03/04 Cobra and a sleeper (sort of).

Last edited:

Go Heels

This space is useless
Established Member
FineLineMtrSprt said:
Hmm..you could just tell her to drive the accord and let you keep your toy.

She's got a newer model Nissan Pathfinder. Again this is going to be a third car for us.

I'm not going to blow alot of money on this car($25K or less), I don't belive in modding cars too much as that is money you will never see again. Whatever I buy will remain stock and will probably see 5-7K miles per year...if that.

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
G35, I would never drive a Japanese car (personal preference), but those things are damn sexy.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
If its a 3rd car and a weekend toy....and you enjoy it...tell her to quit bitching about it...thats just what i would do...and have done in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread