Getting an aluminum ds, one more question.

IGO 202

Established Member
I've read where some folks use adj. uca's and some don't when installing an alum ds.

Is this due to stock height vs. lowered cars or the design of the different shafts available?

Could use some help from guys that have installed an alum ds on what is needed besides the shaft, like are the mounts needed with the uca's and is the NVH increased?

My car is lowered 1.25" f and 1.75" r now.

I have lca's that are new in the box, I haven't installed them due to the car not wheel hopping at the track.

Thanks for any help,
Dan

Ratchet

Established Member
I've read where some folks use adj. uca's and some don't when installing an alum ds.

Is this due to stock height vs. lowered cars or the design of the different shafts available?

Could use some help from guys that have installed an alum ds on what is needed besides the shaft, like are the mounts needed with the uca's and is the NVH increased?

I have lca's that are new in the box, I haven't installed them due to the car not wheel hopping at the track.

Thanks for any help,
Dan
Being lowered that much you should have an Upper CA to adjust the pinion angle back into spec. The driveshaft will make this more evident if you don't have a properly adjusted pinion angle. For me, I had no NVH until I did the Upper CA, and yes probably a wise idea to get the mount and the arm. The stock mount is flimsy. :beer:

REDNIGHTMARE

Established Member

Thanks for any help,
Dan

I bought the DSS Alum DS with the CV joint and I did a non-adj UCA. Definitely buy the mount as well! The stock mount is noisy as hell. One 30 minute drive and I was back on my computer ordering the mount. My pinion angle however is dead on and did not need adjusting. I believe the DSS says you do not need to adjust because of their joints. Mechanic at Ford however said you will quickly be able to tell when you go for a drive. It will vibrate you out of your seat. I have not noticed any NVH and have gone 150+ in the car.

IGO 202

Established Member
Thanks guys for the replies and help, I'll order the adj. UCA's & mounts when I order the ds.

Now just gotta read some old post' and find out which units to buy.

Appreciate the help,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread