Getting an intern... (light venting)

Steve@BAS

Established Member
So my company has had 1 or 2 interns at a time for a while now.

We have 1 right now, who is awesome, she works hard, understands smaller business (about 30 full time here) etc.

So I just got 3 resumes I liked and with business picking up we thought it would be nice to bring in an extra in the accounting area to help out. I sent the 3 of them a request to setup an interview. 2 of them no problem. 1 of them replys, "Call me with more details about your company I don't just want to come in".

LOL, I didn't even respond to him. He got an email from me, which has my full signature at the bottom, website, phone numbers, etc. He is too lazy to go to our company website and see what we do. And he can't call me??? Futher, the posting on the college website explained all of the details in what we were looking for...

Kids are getting worse all the time. One of the summer interns we had came in and got a seatbelt ticket on the way in, he was visibly upset. (IE: Crying) he was so upset he had to leave work. Instead of working the full day to get money to pay for the ticket, he had to leave!

Anyways, nothing more than a venting here, but still. AMAZING!

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Kids are getting worse all the time. One of the summer interns we had came in and got a seatbelt ticket on the way in, he was visibly upset. (IE: Crying) he was so upset he had to leave work. Instead of working the full day to get money to pay for the ticket, he had to leave!

He just wanted an excuse to go home and play COD. Or he's a HUGE pussy.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Haha, that's awesome.
I worked as an intern a few years back and loved it. It was a paid internship and I was able to say I actually had hands on experience that lead to my current job.

ViciousJay

Established Member
So my company has had 1 or 2 interns at a time for a while now.

We have 1 right now, who is awesome, she works hard, understands smaller business (about 30 full time here) etc.

So I just got 3 resumes I liked and with business picking up we thought it would be nice to bring in an extra in the accounting area to help out. I sent the 3 of them a request to setup an interview. 2 of them no problem. 1 of them replys, "Call me with more details about your company I don't just want to come in".

LOL, I didn't even respond to him. He got an email from me, which has my full signature at the bottom, website, phone numbers, etc. He is too lazy to go to our company website and see what we do. And he can't call me??? Futher, the posting on the college website explained all of the details in what we were looking for...

I would have laughed in his face and told him to pack his shit as well

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
kid was a pussy or wanted a day off, simple. me i'm currently looking for another job (still employed though) , i can do anything if i'm shown how to do it (hands on type)......interns have it easy, hell a lot of places i have heard wind up hiring the interns when they do a good job.

01FR500

HPDE
Established Member
It used to be my job to search for people with the right skills, do interviews, and hire for the needed positions. I'd say only 50% had everything we needed, and only 10% had the right attitude. I wanted someone who can demonstrate to me that they want to work hard while they are sitting across from my desk. Tons of people out looking for a job but don't want to work.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Interview him anyway.
Tell him he didn't get the job because he is a dumbass. [ that way he gets to waste his gas and time]

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Crying over a seatbelt ticket? Wow, must of been breastfed until last week.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
Crying over a seatbelt ticket? Wow, must of been breastfed until last week.

NICE!!! That is great.

You should tell the kid who doesnt want to work that he has the job no interview required. When he comes in have him go get your coffee and then fire his ass

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Responded to the twerp today :

"Dear Christian,

We had our interviews with our other potentials today. Sorry you opted not to come in. In the future I would recommend you call the company and not request them to call you.

Good luck with your search elsewhere."

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Sounds like someone who comes from a wealthy family and has always had everything handed to him. In this economy, no one in their right mind would turn down an interview and request more info that could be found on the company website. He doesn't deserve your time clearly.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
well now your down to 2 interviews... if hes to lazy to "just come in" for an interview **** um

exactly.

Id send him a nice email explaining the reason that he was not called back and how he will likely not amount to shit in life.

Hell for my current job the owner kept telling me once a week for 4mo that he was still trying to "create" a position and that he will let me know when he has a chance to schedule an interview. I finally had enough of the baiting just said "how about I just randomly, say tomorrow at around 3pm, just stop by while in town and we meet so I can introduce myself and we can create the position together? Hows that sound?"

I had a job a week later. Grab the bull by the horns.

Sounds like someone who comes from a wealthy family and has always had everything handed to him. In this economy, no one in their right mind would turn down an interview and request more info that could be found on the company website. He doesn't deserve your time clearly.

Exactly.

The second I knew a company wanted to either just do a phone interview or in person I was on their site finding as much as I could about them and how my skills would suit their needs or requirements based on what they did. I had alot of them that hell, i knew NOTHING of their product, but id emphasize that I knew nothing of my previous employers product and within X amount of time was the go-to guy for product knowledge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread