Getting Apartment, Need Advice

darkcrayz

Established Member
Does your bank give out the balance of your checking account to anyone who has the number?

no, that would be invasion of privacy to just give it out. they would have to have a creditor request the information or a gov't agency.

thoughts, svtfan?

darkcrayz

Established Member
Do you think that my current low account balance will influence her decision on accepting us? I just payed all my bills which is why my balance is so low. My income to expenses (everything including food, rent, utilities ect.) ratio pretty much leaves me with $100 in my pocket for gas.

it may, but with credit check and paycheck stub will show if you can afford the house. in socal anyway, some landlords are only accepting tenants with double the monthly income of the rental amount. when you give her the info about your account you can ALWAYS ask how it pertains to the information and let her know it is low. the low balance amount can show if you are good on cash flow and not running into overspending/debt problems.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I would say not to give your account number to her. I think she just wants it incase something happends though. I would get your credit score, get a good reference from your previous landlord if you have one, and show a pay stub.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
All the checks have is the routing number, not the account number. Plus I usually pay with MO or cashiers check unless they require a personal check over those, which would make no sense.

acount number is next to the routing number on checks

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
all you need is a decent credit score, proof of income and a security deposity. Your acct numbers/balance are none of their damn business!!! :bash:

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
Shes going to pull your credit either way. She'll have anything she needs to know about you in a matter or seconds so why not look like a conspiricy looney and just give her the account number. I run credit checks on all tenants and if the credit sucks and the bank account is low, they dont get the place.

SpectorV

Established Member
when you write that first check... they will just copy it right off the check lol... sad but true its that easy to get.

Cobrasvt43

Muscle car whore
Established Member
don't concern yourself with the account number, like previously stated, she can get it if she wants it. as far as the account balance, it may influence her decision.. it depends on her really. private people who rent out places are generally more cautious than large apartment complexes.. individuals will tend to be more dependent on reliable renters..

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
no, that would be invasion of privacy to just give it out. they would have to have a creditor request the information or a gov't agency.

thoughts, svtfan?

Right, no way a bank could just give out account balances to anyone with the number. So whats the harm?

Although the whole moving in with your girlfriend thing sounds risky, one hiccup in the relationship and your living/financial situation could become very strained.

Users who are viewing this thread