Getting back into a cobra after years

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
Its strange but when I got my cobra I just turned 19, had it for years and it was a stepping stone for me in a lot of ways, between learning to drive stick on the test drive or my first time driving up to Canada (same day I got it) or having friendly races between my twin brother or having car payments. However the car was simply my first real car and I went through good and bad with it sadly I sold it and after many different cars since then, between an evo, the 13 gt500 and two other 5.0s and even a lotus, I find myself selling my current ctsv to get back into it. Its actually my old car and I got the car with just under 30k miles, sold it with 78k and now it has 81k. I truely miss it but I doubt that after all this time I will sell it again. I am almost 26 and I really do feel like these cars are either appreciated or they are just a stepping stone for some but there is something about the 03 04 cobras that cannot be matched by anything I've driven. I've been on here since I was around 16 or so stalking build threads and such and I'm sure there are others that may have a different opinion but a few may agree, that there is something about these cars that makes them very enjoyable

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its strange but when I got my cobra I just turned 19, had it for years and it was a stepping stone for me in a lot of ways, between learning to drive stick on the test drive or my first time driving up to Canada (same day I got it) or having friendly races between my twin brother or having car payments. However the car was simply my first real car and I went through good and bad with it sadly I sold it and after many different cars since then, between an evo, the 13 gt500 and two other 5.0s and even a lotus, I find myself selling my current ctsv to get back into it. Its actually my old car and I got the car with just under 30k miles, sold it with 78k and now it has 81k. I truely miss it but I doubt that after all this time I will sell it again. I am almost 26 and I really do feel like these cars are either appreciated or they are just a stepping stone for some but there is something about the 03 04 cobras that cannot be matched by anything I've driven. I've been on here since I was around 16 or so stalking build threads and such and I'm sure there are others that may have a different opinion but a few may agree, that there is something about these cars that makes them very enjoyable
I feel the same way about my 2011. Sometimes a car will hit you just a certain way. Something about the time it spent with you and the memories you made with it. Your very lucky that THE Cobra you sold is now yours again. Never sell her, no matter what!

Stang4u2nv

Established Member
Go for it bro i am 31 and got my first mustang when i was 15, an 87 gt 5.0 5 speed all clapped out. I learned tons on that car and have had tons of cars and whenever you sit on a mustang, especially the vintage you grew up with is a feeling that your house couch can't provide. It feels like home. Go for it

Users who are viewing this thread