Getting close to putting my 2.3 on

Ralo

Established Member
I'm getting close to having the parts rounded up and I'm wanting to make sure I have it all before I get started.
I already have:
Blower
Throttle Body
Clutch
MAF
Injectors
Meth kit
Throw out bearing
Pilot Bearing

Know I need to order:
Input shaft
TOB sleeve
Input shaft shim kit
Boost a pump

Is there anything I'm forgetting?
What all gaskets and seals will I need?
I'll be on 93 with a 50/50 mix of meth and water but I can't decide if I want to pulley the blower for 17 or 19 psi. What recommendations do you guys have?

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I'm in the process of a KB swap. Call Steve @ Tousley, he'll know what you need. I bought all new bolts (since they're torque to yield), gasket for inlet/outlet manifold to SC, o-rings for the tubes, valve cover gaskets (b/c i'm replacing them wiht PC'd ones), etc . That's all I have...it's late. lol Good luck!

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I personally think a set of upgraded fuel pumps should be on that list along with dual FPDM harness and lethals wire upgrade. New EGR valve gasket, intercooler inlet housing gasket, IAC valve gasket, like said above new lower intake to head bolts due to torque to yield.

mcallister

Established Member
the only gaskets i messed up when i did my swap was the egr gasket and the intercooler manifold gasket. everything else was fine.

i also went with lethals budget return kit for $850, that way you know your going to have enough fuel. i guess the way i see it is why not just get a full fuel system for a little extra money rather than just bandaid it with a bap.

Last edited:

Ralo

Established Member
If I buy fuel pumps it will be to go to a return setup because I dont want to make the returnless setup anymore complicated. My state doesn't have emissions, does deleting the EGR just clean up the engine bay?

Ralo

Established Member
If I went I dual pumps I would be required to run two FPDM or a modified one correct?

Ralo

Established Member
Does deleting the EGR just clean up the engine bay? I've also seen some people with TS who don't have all the stuff on the side of the blower like the Eaton does. How do I delete or relocate that?

mach1033

Established Member
Does deleting the EGR just clean up the engine bay? I've also seen some people with TS who don't have all the stuff on the side of the blower like the Eaton does. How do I delete or relocate that?

Lethal sells the EGR delete kit.

mach1033

Established Member

It does clean up the engine bay. You will also have to have the tuner turn off the egr in the tune. You dont relocate the egr you have to buy the kit that lethal sells to cap it off.

Ralo

Established Member
So is everything on the drivers side of the eaton EGR parts?

mach1033

Established Member
So is everything on the drivers side of the eaton EGR parts?

Yup it is.
362321[/ATTACH]"]
Picture030.jpg

Attachments

• Picture030.jpg
    Picture030.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread