Getting Error type Messages and lights any ideas???

builttodrive

Established Member
This just started here a couple weeks ago. It has come and gone a few but now seems to be staying. Everything has been working fine other than I can't switch the traction control on and off. The parking brake is not on. The brake fluid level is full, and brake pads are fine. I tried cleaning a few grounds I could find in the engine bay but no luck.
IMG_4275.jpg
IMG_4276.jpg
IMG_4277.jpg
IMG_4279.jpg

Last edited:

builttodrive

Established Member
Scan the vehicle and post your DTC faults. Looks like there could be issues with body control module/ABS module. Try finding G101 This by ABS/behind driver side headlamp. Clean it up.
I'll check with my scanner to see if it threw anything. I haven't had a CEL from it yet. A few weeks prior to this it was telling me my Fuel level low DTE FLI DATA ERR and the fuel gauge would drop to E although it was 3/4 full. People told me my fuel sender is failing and I bought a new one but after I got the new sender it hasn't done it since. I was waiting to change it until I ran the fuel level down and I get these other messages instead in the mean time.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll check with my scanner to see if it threw anything. I haven't had a CEL from it yet. A few weeks prior to this it was telling me my Fuel level low DTE FLI DATA ERR and the fuel gauge would drop to E although it was 3/4 full. People told me my fuel sender is failing and I bought a new one but after I got the new sender it hasn't done it since. I was waiting to change it until I ran the fuel level down and I get these other messages instead in the mean time.
Check Engine Light (CEL) is more common with Powertrain Issue/Failures. In this case its Body Control Module/ABS Issues (BCM). No CEL with illuminate but your indicators will alert your of problems with the other systems. Your DTC faults will start with a "B" for BCM issues.

builttodrive

Established Member
Check Engine Light (CEL) is more common with Powertrain Issue/Failures. In this case its Body Control Module/ABS Issues (BCM). No CEL with illuminate but your indicators will alert your of problems with the other systems. Your DTC faults will start with a "B" for BCM issues.
My scanner didn't turn up anything but I cleaned the ground g101 and the lights are off so far. Hopefully that was all for now. Thanks!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh great. Is that whats causing all this? Its been showing its charging well.
When poor grounding becomes an issue you ALT will work harder to maintain 12V+ in the system. It over heats the ALT and damages the regulator. Modules tend to go quirky when they are low on voltage. keep us updated! Take your car up to the auto parts store and have them test the ALT and battery for you.

Lightning Fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair
PM Me or [email protected]
Remote or Local (On Site) Technical Repair

builttodrive

Established Member
When poor grounding becomes an issue you ALT will work harder to maintain 12V+ in the system. It over heats the ALT and damages the regulator. Modules tend to go quirky when they are low on voltage. keep us updated! Take your car up to the auto parts store and have them test the ALT and battery for you.

Lightning Fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair
PM Me or [email protected]
Remote or Local (On Site) Technical Repair
Sounds good. I have a multi meter and battery load tester. Does it do damage pretty quick? I probably only have a handful of miles on it while it did this.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds good. I have a multi meter and battery load tester. Does it do damage pretty quick? I probably only have a handful of miles on it while it did this.
I cant really give you an honest opinion from this side of the keyboard my friend, so my best advice is to check and verify. The best way to verify the integrity and working condition of you alternator is AC Ripple Voltage Test.

Principles

A good alternator should produce very little AC voltage or current output. It is the purpose of the diodes in the alternator to rectify or convert most AC voltage into DC voltage. While it is normal to measure some AC voltage from an alternator, excessive AC voltage, called AC ripple, is undesirable and indicates a fault with the rectifier diodes or stator windings inside the alternator.

Highly recommend this product to customers and friends

and if you dont want to spend the money on this product just go to your nearest Auto Zone, O'Reilly's or Advance auto for a Free Test.​

builttodrive

Established Member
I cant really give you an honest opinion from this side of the keyboard my friend, so my best advice is to check and verify. The best way to verify the integrity and working condition of you alternator is AC Ripple Voltage Test.

Principles

A good alternator should produce very little AC voltage or current output. It is the purpose of the diodes in the alternator to rectify or convert most AC voltage into DC voltage. While it is normal to measure some AC voltage from an alternator, excessive AC voltage, called AC ripple, is undesirable and indicates a fault with the rectifier diodes or stator windings inside the alternator.

Highly recommend this product to customers and friends

and if you dont want to spend the money on this product just go to your nearest Auto Zone, O'Reilly's or Advance auto for a Free Test.​
Thanks for all the help! After cleaning the G101 ground so far the light has stayed off. I took your advice and went to my local O'Reilly's and they said the battery tested good and everything on the alternator passed. My gauge in the car shows charging at around 14.3. Hopefully it was just that ground with no further issues.

Users who are viewing this thread