Getting Flashed??

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
No not boob flashing :bash: ...talking about other drivers flashing their headlights at you. Ever since I bought my 94 and it doesn't matter if my foglights are on or off i still get flashed...but when i turn my brights on they don't flash me what gives. I checked the angle of the beams and they seem to be set right. So guess just wondering if anyone else has this problem??

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
I drive down a country road that most people use hi-beams on and I get flashed every single time I go down that road. I always have my fog lights on too. I really hate it when they keep their beams on after they flash me. So I have decided to go with the xenon gas light bulbs to piss off some people plus I think they look good. I will be more than happy to flash them with my xenons and hell while I am at it I will let the fogs stay on when I do flash them.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
thats what i did i went with some Super Whites or something...it pisses me off when truckers do it...i flash my brights at them and then they switch to their brights on i just say what a bunch of tools when it happens...the only reason i'm really asking is because i don't want to get pulled over by a cop b/c he thinks i'm drunk or something...when i was in high school i listened to a guest speaker and they said that having your brights on and not turning them off when approaching other cars is a sign your drunk and i don't drink and drive...i just wanted to see what other ppl have experienced...it doesn't bother me that much but it gets annoying like you said when they keep their brights on at you.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
I actually wish I had the money to upgrade to the HID lights. Those are sweet lights plus even with just your regular head lamps on they hurt my damn eyes even though they are supposed to be the same brightness as standard lights. God forbid when I get hi-beamed from a car with HIDs.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by 94FiveOhCOBRA
when i was in high school i listened to a guest speaker and they said that having your brights on and not turning them off when approaching other cars is a sign your drunk and i don't drink and drive...i just wanted to see what other ppl have experienced...it doesn't bother me that much but it gets annoying like you said when they keep their brights on at you.

It's people like those that I had a field day with. Swerving all over the f*cking road is a sign your drunk, not keeping your brights on. In fact, I don't even flash other people most of the time even if they do have their brights on. For whatever reason, it just doesn't bother me.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Venomous98Cobra
I actually wish I had the money to upgrade to the HID lights. Those are sweet lights plus even with just your regular head lamps on they hurt my damn eyes even though they are supposed to be the same brightness as standard lights. God forbid when I get hi-beamed from a car with HIDs.

I have HIDs in my car, they are WAY brighter than stock. However, cars with HID lights cannot "flash" because it takes time for the bulb to warm up. If they flash you, they have regular halogen lights for highbeams. I have HIDs in my low beams, and Sylvania Silverstars in my highbeams.

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Okay well I take it that I am wrong and know nothing about HIDs...I will admit that. I just think that they are bad@ss looking though.

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
When I bought my wife a used 5.0, she was getting flashed all the time. I couldn't understand it, until I checked out the car and found for some reason that the wires were switched, so when lowbeams were indicated, the highbeams were actually on.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Venomous98Cobra
Okay well I take it that I am wrong and know nothing about HIDs...I will admit that. I just think that they are bad@ss looking though.

Most manufacturers claim they are "80% brighter than a stock halogen bulb and consume 20% less power from your car's electrical system." I have the XenonDepot conversion kit (www.xenondepot.com), they are absolutely incredible looking and perform even better.

:thumbsup:

Venomous98Cobra

Established Member
Okay I had my story mixed up a little. This is what I meant...
More light output. Halcyon's 18 Watt HID light source produces approximately the same lumens at the light source as a 55 Watt halogen bulb at a three to five times the halogen's efficiency. The 10 Watt HID only produces ~500 lumens, but thanks to its true 6000K color temperature it appears almost as bright as a 55 Watt halogen bulb when in use. The HID lamp's lumens per watt (LPW) efficacy is roughly six to eight times that of an incandescent lamp.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
Originally posted by Sinister Angel
It's people like those that I had a field day with. Swerving all over the f*cking road is a sign your drunk, not keeping your brights on. In fact, I don't even flash other people most of the time even if they do have their brights on. For whatever reason, it just doesn't bother me.

Well I'm just saying these words came from two Veteran Kansas State Highway Patrolmen at my school. They were doing a lecture on DUI's and Drunk Driving....I'm not saying they were right or wrong in how they deal with bright lights but it just always cause me some concern after hearing from the highway partol i realize swerving is a big clue...I"m just stating what i was told.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
Well I'm just saying these words came from two Veteran Kansas State Highway Patrolmen at my school. They were doing a lecture on DUI's and Drunk Driving....I'm not saying they were right or wrong in how they deal with bright lights but it just always cause me some concern after hearing from the highway partol i realize swerving is a big clue...I"m just stating what i was told.

No problems man, I know how those kind of people can get. They had this yahoo from the MSP come in (thank you coast guard :rolleyes:). Well, I'll just say that this guy was rather annoying, and I wanted to get the hell out of there.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I wouldnt worry about it too much around Manhattan. I never did get stopped down there despite all the dumb $h1t I did while I was there.
When people flash you pull back on the turn signal switch this will light up their world b/c it keeps both your hi beams and lows on.

Go KSU.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Do you know what their names were?? My mom was highway patrol, and there are some real dumbass ex-KHP guys runnin around there, they fall under the 999 hours a year rule.

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrablack
Do you know what their names were?? My mom was highway patrol, and there are some real dumbass ex-KHP guys runnin around there, they fall under the 999 hours a year rule.

naw cuz i thought they were pretty much blowin smoke up my ass anyways but they were cops so i remember that every time i'm driving...

ummm...one of them was tall and husky and other one was short and had a lazy eye...does that help:shrug: sorry i don't remember their names really. all i know is they patrol the newton/wichita area. They were basically a bunch of tools

i never have problems in manhattan but when i go home to newton and stuff at night i get flashed like a mofo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread