Getting in the 4.10's next week!

Tman

Established Member
Hi all! Im getting in the 4.10's this coming Tuesday so I will let you guys know how she drives. One question is have any of you installed the tranny coolant kit along with them? I was very skeptical about going with them but after I talked with a few guys about them and actually drove one(mind you it had a ported eaton as well), I think they pull like crazy! Im going with the Motive gears so will see what happens! :banana:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
VERY BAD experience with MOTIVE gears here. I had a set of 3.90's that went sour and started screeching in 1000 miles. Suggest you go with FRPP or FORD gears.

I have 4.10's in now, love them. I also have the Viper spec trans with long OD gears though. 2200 in 6th at 80mph, just like a stocker.

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
You will have fun... I went from 3.08 and a worn traction lock to a 4.30 Detroit Locker, and WOW! It turned a very quick car into a "Holy Shit" car. :)

Tman

Established Member
Thanks guys! Ya I thought about the Ford Racing gears too and the guy told me they are just about the same. Thanks for the heads up, I will see if he can switch the order to FR gears.

seanwr400

Established Member
Have 4.10 Motive gears in my 9 inch I just installed. Am getting alot of whining. Not sure if it's the gears or the detroit locker. Love the get up and go, really woke the car up. Had an 8 inch with the stock 3.27 gears in before the swap, made a huge diff in how the car gets off the line.

Tman

Established Member
Cant wait for them now, apparently they are on back order but still should be here either Thursday or Friday this week. :beer:

Tman

Established Member
Update-DONT FEAR THE GEAR!!!
Ive been driving the car for a few days now and all I can say is-wow!
Its incredible how smooth the car feels, the revs go up in no time and you dont have to worry about premature shifting. You can still go to about 41-43mph in first compared to 52 stock. When it comes to fuel mileage, no biggy there as well. Drove her for about 200 miles and all I noticed was maybe 2mpg difference. Starting off in first is really easy since the car wants to go pretty much by itself. Now, if you go a bit faster you cant really floor it in first or you will just spin, second is actually not bad at all, third just pulls like a mofo! Havent really floored it in 4th yet so cant tell you just yet. I went with the Ford Racing instead of Motive after doing a bit more research.
Overall cruising is just perfect for the mods in my sig. The only other go fast mods Im gonna do are-heat exchanger, Bassani shorty headers and Snow methanol kit amongst suspension parts.
If you have any more questions let me know! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread