Getting New Chrome Wheels

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have always just washed (3rd set of chromes in my life) them when I wash my car, dry them, and then go over them with NEVER-DULL cleaner wadding. It brings them to as high a gloss as I have very seen. As long as you keep them clean I would not worry too much about waxing them or anything. Its chrome plating after all, and very durable.

qwikhuh

Established Member
I have had a set on my car for 3 years.....I wash them with the car and use WOW quick detailer on them when I detail the car....Works great

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
California customs purple metal polish. I use it on my pickup, and on all of my dads big trucks. Don't waste your time on anything else, I have a entire wall of metal polishing crap because my brother polishes aluminum on trucks, and this is the only thing I use anymore. You should be able to get away with just soap and water unless you don't take care of them, or get some nasty road chemicals on them.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Blue Magic (tub), followed by a coat of wax. :thumbsup:

Here's some on some SS strips:

chebby_truck_2.jpg

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The reason I like neverdull is that it will eat any grime that is on your tres, Breakdust, tar, etc. It wipes on and wipes right back off. I love this stuff.

bp03svt

Established Member
I wash the car and wheels, then use window cleaner, followed by wax. The wax makes brake dust and anything else that gets on them wash right off. BTW, I've had about 12 sets of chrome rims.

Hye

Established Member
this is using some regular good ol mothers polish, im sure if i did my homework i could probably find a better product, but the mothers works well.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Hye06 said:
this is using some regular good ol mothers polish, im sure if i did my homework i could probably find a better product, but the mothers works well.

Mothers is a very good product, but it does cut pretty severe, and will only give a shine to a certain extent(on aluminum) If you really want something easier to use, and that smells better, try the purple metal polish that I posted earlier. We run anywhere from 5-10 trucks at any given time of the year, and purple is in and on every one of them. I have yet to find anything better, and have tried never-dull, blue magic, anything that was ever made for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread