Getting new tires. Think its safe?

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
onicrom said:
Well right now I have BFG Kdw2s and have Zero traction. So Im about to get some BFG Drag Radials http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+Drag+Radial

Why I asked if it would be safe, I have a 9 inch rim and I want to put 295s on them. Think theyll be ok on there or do I need 275s? Hopefully you dudes will say 295s will be ok. :D

Sorry man, I think 295s are too wide for a 9" rim. I have 295s on 9.5" 00Rs and I had to measure it before I put them on. Tirerack said that 295s really didn't fit on a 9.5" but my install shop said that it would work but it would be tight as it's at the limit on the 9.5" rim. I have a very little buldge but it's okay.

Sorry to hear the KDW2s didn't work for you, I have nothing but good experiences w/ mine. Was your alignment good?

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Yea man alignments all good.... i just have alot of low end.

think 275s would grip ok if its a drag radial?

SSeatr

Established Member
ive seen 315's on 9" rims..also depends on the wall size

usually they tell you you can go -1 or +1 of what it lists so if it says 10" measuirng rim a 9" will work.

Last edited:

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
pretty much every guy i know with stock 03/04 rims have 315s on the rears.... i thought those were 9" rims??

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i have 315s on a set of 9 inch wide 03-04 rims... they do buldge and i plan to upgrade to some 10.5 inch rims in the very near future, but i wouldnt consider them to be unsafe.. with that being said.. i wouldnt worry about running a 295 on a 9 inch rim

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
oh wow. kick ass. thanks alot guys, that makes me much happier, might even go to a 305 now. Thanks again.:beer:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Someone on another site told me i might actually lose traction going 295/35 on a 9" rim. They said "that tire is too big to maximize traction with only 9" of rim width." Is this true or will everything be better with the 295/35 bfg drag radials? Or is he wrong and I should go even bigger?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread