Getting new wheels. 18" vs 19" drag strip in mind.

builttodrive

Established Member
I'm looking at getting new wheels, possibly a set of Apex EC-7's. I want these wheels to be multi purpose from street/strip and possibly road coarse in the future. I have Coil over suspension in the rear and 18" is as small as I can go and the sales rep from Apex suggested going to 19's because there are much better tire options. Will an 18" wheel be any better than the 19" or won't that be a big deal? I know sidewall helps a lot but maybe 1" diameter isn't worth worrying about.

I'm stuck with at least 18's and I don't really want to have multiple sets of wheels and tires if I don't have to.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That 1 inch makes a HUGE difference in traction. U didnt buy this car to set exit ramp lap times u bought it to go fast straight and take a corner or two.

builttodrive

Established Member
That 1 inch makes a HUGE difference in traction. U didnt buy this car to set exit ramp lap times u bought it to go fast straight and take a corner or two.
Well I didn't buy it for turns but the previous owner set it up for road coarse racing and apparently the car does it quite well from what I am told. I'm more interested in street and drag strip passes but thought I may try a road coarse event for fun some time.

Users who are viewing this thread