Getting ready for this Calculus final is making me crazy!

yelostang

Established Member
The reasons why I hate this class:

- I have to be there at 7:30am (had no choice, the other time conflicted with another class I had to have)
- We can't use any calculators
- The final is comprehensive and if you screw up on it you don't pass the class. I have a damn B right now and it doesn't mean squat!
- The teacher is a late 20's douchbag that drinks tea in his little office.
- Our review for the final "mirrors the difficulty of the final" and it's hard as hell!

I just want a C, is that too much to ask for???

Last edited:

jmk97GT

Established Member
If it's a freshman course, don't worry they're just scaring you and it will get curved like crazy.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I don't remember Calc I really but I would have thought that you can use a calculator.

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
I don't remember Calc I really but I would have thought that you can use a calculator.

The calc. classes I've had at UT don't want you to use a calculator either. Or if you do, it has to be a simple one.

jmk97GT

Established Member

Haha, its way too easy to cheat with a graphing calculator in Calculus (graphing, solvers, etc) and an ordinary calculator would not help you on a Calculus exam.

ralliart16

Established Member
boo hoo, it's Calc 1 for god sakes lol.

<taken calc 1, 2, 3, and differential equations.

03vert70charger

Established Member
Calc 1 is pretty easy compared to calc 2 and above. You dont even need a calculator for any of the math. Unless you dont know how to divide or multiply small numbers.

yelostang

Established Member
Calc 1 is pretty easy compared to calc 2 and above. You dont even need a calculator for any of the math. Unless you dont know how to divide or multiply small numbers.

The class hasen't been very bad, it just requires more work than my others. The big thing that gets me is that the final weighs so much towards my final class grade.

PressurEngr

Established Member
the final exam is always weighted about 30-35% in science classes. If your in pre med or engineering it gets much harder than this calc class.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
haha I have 5 finals, all are comprehensive, we have no grades except are midterms from the spring...talk about pressure....so I know where you are coming from just remember it will all be over soon....I have 2 weeks of this hell left

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
boo hoo, it's Calc 1 for god sakes lol.

<taken calc 1, 2, 3, and differential equations.

Boo hoo

<Taken Calc 1,2,3, Diff Eq's, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Advanced Engineering Mathematics (dealt with Fourier transforms, etc), two semesters of Abstract Algebra, two semesters of Real Analysis, two semesters of Mathematical and Statistical Theory

Haha, seriously though, it's Calc 1, just like the quote said above. Nothing to worry about.

Just remember the trig ID's and to "add one to the exponent and divide by that number" and you will be ok. Good luck!

jmk97GT

Established Member
Boo hoo

<Taken Calc 1,2,3, Diff Eq's, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Advanced Engineering Mathematics (dealt with Fourier transforms, etc), two semesters of Abstract Algebra, two semesters of Real Analysis, two semesters of Mathematical and Statistical Theory

Haha, seriously though, it's Calc 1, just like the quote said above. Nothing to worry about.

Just remember the trig ID's and to "add one to the exponent and divide by that number" and you will be ok. Good luck!

+1...well minus Abstract Algebra...

Coiled03

Established Member
Calc 1 = gravy

Shouldn't even need a calculator for that.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If it's a freshman course, don't worry they're just scaring you and it will get curved like crazy.

Precisely. That's how I got a B in calc 1 and 2. Mad curves.

i'd say just get a killer BJ from a sexy little college girl and you will be set

This definitely helped me through college haha. So nice having my own room in a nice apartment with female friends a short 5 minute walk away. :banana: I really miss college.

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
I hated calc. I don't know how I managed to even get a 'C' in that class..... You have my sympathy.

Users who are viewing this thread