getting shelby

GMKILR

Established Member
I ordered a shelby a couple of months ago, and I got the vin number today.
So I tracked it and they said it had left the plant(they didnt say when) and it had a expected delivery date of 5/27 so my question is dose it really take that long to get the car here to Texas? It seems like it is even taking longer now I know it is almost here, I cant wait any more.:D

Last edited:

Fastfords

Established Member
You are very lucky my friend. Hope your car shows up soon and the pampering begins. Post some pics of the car when you get it and rub a little salt in the wound. LOL.

GMKILR

Established Member
Yeah, I feel pretty lucky considering the crazy prices thier going for, I got mine for $50,060 some might say that is to much but i think it is worth it. I will be sure to post pics for everyone, along with pics of all the mods that are going to pile up before it gets here:-D . Let the modding began:D

GMKILR

Established Member
Yeah I got it for 5k over and the color combo is red/silver stipes,and black/red interior, with the shaker1000 and sat radio.

Fastfords

Established Member
GMKILR said:
Yeah I got it for 5k over and the color combo is red/silver stipes,and black/red interior, with the shaker1000 and sat radio.

Wow, don't think I have ever seen a red one with silver stripes. I bet it looks good and different from all the red/wht ones. I think I would go with the black w/red interior as opposed to all black depending on the color of the outside. I don't get why so many cars have the navigation? Like someone is actually going to drive the car far enough to use it? Most likely, by the time you figure out how to use it, you will have reached your destination.

sprint200

Established Member
GMKILR said:
I ordered a shelby a couple of months ago, and I got the vin number today.
So I tracked it and they said it had left the plant(they didnt say when) and it had a expected delivery date of 5/27 so my question is dose it really take that long to get the car here to Texas? It seems like it is even taking longer now I know it is almost here, I cant wait any more.:D

Without knowing exactly what the "status line" said, I'm guessing that your car was "released from foriegn plant" which means the stripes have been applied at the upfitting plant and it's headed back to Flat Rock AAI for final inspection and then shipping.

Post plenty of pix:thumbsup: :beer:

i think ordering with every option aviable from Ford will just inhanse it's value down the road.I wish the navigational ststem was availiable back in august of 2006,but it was not All that was offered back then was the interior-up-grade/Sirus-Radio,and shaker 1000.Just my thoughts congralations on your shelby Gt500.It is one beautiful color combo,a friend of mind ordered that same color Red/silver/Lemans Stripes and same color interior. It's a rare color combonation,probable the rarest of all colors. Mind is White/Blue due to orginality of shelbys first color scheme back in the day of 1965,and a half. My wife and i decided on that color we usually order RED,this is my second time in white.My first white car was a 1963 Nova-SS/396/4-barel.

GMKILR

Established Member
Yeah, that is why I went with that color combo cause I have seen so many red/white and only like two red/silver and the navigation I figured it would be useless for this kind of car since it's just for fun and not traveling.

GMKILR

Established Member
thanks for the info sprint200 and thanks Randy Fontenot,
Orignaly I was going to go with the grey/silver but didnt want another grey car I already have a dsg 03.

Last edited:

GMKILR

Established Member
Thanks, I have no idea they said they will be calling me sometime in june with the rest of the details, prices, options also they will be letting me know how much the deposit is I will have to leave to stay on the list.

GMKILR

Established Member
I think they gave me the wrong vin # cause I am on the way to pick it up so I will post some pics later today. The wait is over:D

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
Todd03Blown said:
sweet congrats man!! Cannot wait to see your car; that color combo sounds awesome!

....He probably won't be back today! :-D Too busy driving the new whip. :D

Congrats on the new car. :rockon: Post pics when you can.

crimecrusher

Established Member
I'd really like to see the Red with Silver stripes. I think this is the color combo I may get. I wish they had True Blue with white stripes as an option.

jcthorne

Established Member
Fastfords said:
Wow, don't think I have ever seen a red one with silver stripes. I bet it looks good and different from all the red/wht ones. I think I would go with the black w/red interior as opposed to all black depending on the color of the outside. I don't get why so many cars have the navigation? Like someone is actually going to drive the car far enough to use it? Most likely, by the time you figure out how to use it, you will have reached your destination.

Cost aside, the touchscreen radio is lightyears ahead of the skipper 500 both in functions and ease of use. I seldom use the nav except to find a location or phone number but the stereo side is one of the best in dash head units I have ever owned, including quite a few upper end aftermarket units. Pioneer really did a bang up job on the software in these.

Fastfords

Established Member
jcthorne said:
Cost aside, the touchscreen radio is lightyears ahead of the skipper 500 both in functions and ease of use. I seldom use the nav except to find a location or phone number but the stereo side is one of the best in dash head units I have ever owned, including quite a few upper end aftermarket units. Pioneer really did a bang up job on the software in these.

I see your point. Thanks for the info. If I got the chance to order a car (don't think that is going to happen) I would most likely not get it in a vain attempt to keep the cost down. If I ended up getting a car that had the nav. then that would be icing on the cake I guess. Don't worry though, I will not get any navigation in the 08' Corvette I will most likely be ending up with after all this msrp waiting is over.

I wonder what happened to the pics of the car????????

Users who are viewing this thread