getting "sniped" on E-bay

Got Boost?

Established Member
so who else gets pissed off when someone "snipes" them on an ebay item they have been watching? i was watching a driver's side 1/4 window for my fox for 5 days and was determined to make it mine. so determined, i was willing to pay whatever it took to win it - which happened to be over $250. the bid had not changed since the middle of the day. with less than a minute left i entered a bid over $100 more than the current bid to blow anyone out of the water. and still, with 10 seconds left i was sniped out of the item. man im pissed! :fm: i tried to put in another bid to try and win it, but didnt get it in in time. i cant comprehend that fast, let alone enter a bid. sure, ive lost other items before, but usually because im not willing to pay that much for them. this is the first one i actually lost because someone was quicker on the button than me even though i was willing to pay whatever...

alright, my little rant is over lol.

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
If you were really willing to bid "whatever" you should have put in a higher bid.
Pretty simple if you ask me.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
exactly, if you really wanted it then you would of bid 500$ on it. An item only goes up by how much the other person bids. So say if the bids at 100, you bid 500 and someone else bids 250, the item then goes up to 250, get it now?

Got Boost?

Established Member
If you were really willing to bid "whatever" you should have put in a higher bid.
Pretty simple if you ask me.

well i would think over $100 over the current price if the item would have covered that. apparently not. i wasnt going to get too ridiculous because ive seen new in the box NOS carlite originals for $375.

Got Boost?

Established Member
exactly, if you really wanted it then you would of bid 500$ on it. An item only goes up by how much the other person bids. So say if the bids at 100, you bid 500 and someone else bids 250, the item then goes up to 250, get it now?

yeah i know that. i was the high bidder for a while on the item (a min or so) then that last bid came in topping me.

Got Boost?

Established Member
has anyone else bid on anything from MPSautosalvage? i honestly think they are guilty of "bidding up" their own items.

they had the same window in their store for "buy it now" $249. i didnt know this untill a few mins before the auction was over and didnt want to get caught up with two people winning the same thing so i decided to bid on it and win it that way. their bid history is private, so it doesnt show user names just amounts. however there were "automatic bids" up to the amount they had the item "buy it now" in their store. just seems a little "fishy" to me.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Maybe the OP ought to get snipe and use it himself. that would save some agrivation

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
The only way I bid is by sniping. I enter the most I am willing to pay at the last second. Sometimes I win sometimes I don't.

Got Boost?

Established Member
The only way I bid is by sniping. I enter the most I am willing to pay at the last second. Sometimes I win sometimes I don't.

any techniques to judging the "last second"? im always concerned im going to "misjudge" the time and bid to late. so i give myself a little leeway - which ended up costing me this time.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
any techniques to judging the "last second"? im always concerned im going to "misjudge" the time and bid to late. so i give myself a little leeway - which ended up costing me this time.

Open up two browsers. Minimize them so both fit on your screen. Get to the "confirm bid" screen on one. and "main Item" screen on the other. Keep clicking refresh on the main one. When you get to 3 seconds hit confirm bid on the other. Presto. Sometimes you win sometimes the person you attempted to snipe has a higher bid than your willing to pay.

Got Boost?

Established Member
Open up two browsers. Minimize them so both fit on your screen. Get to the "confirm bid" screen on one. and "main Item" screen on the other. Keep clicking refresh on the main one. When you get to 3 seconds hit confirm bid on the other. Presto. Sometimes you win sometimes the person you attempted to snipe has a higher bid than your willing to pay.

well now i feel stupid lol...simple concept.

heavychevy

Established Member

x2!! ive done that for years..
glad i bought my perfect 1/4 windows on craigslist for 50 bucks :)

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
do a search for "auction sniper" on google there are several out there. and they are all better than the two window deal. That works sometimes but there is always a delay that the human reaction time can't compensate for. I have used a couple of them and have a much higher win percentage than without them.

Users who are viewing this thread