getting used to the power?

gnats

Find One Recall Daily
Established Member
I bought my 03 cobra vert in May. After driving it for about 2 months, it doesn't seem as fast as when I first got it. That was until this morning. I was taking a right at a light, and behind me was a newer looking black BMW. It looked like a 645 maybe. Well, as I took the right he seemed to be following a little close. Still in 1st gear, I took off. I was slowly pulling away all the way until I shifted into 4th. I slowed down for a 90 degree turn, and then hit it again. I pulled away slowly until I let off after I shifted into 4th. As I pulled up to a stop light ahead, the BMW was in the left lane. I looked over to give him a thumbs up, or a wave, but he wouldn't even look over. That was when I noticed on the back of his car it said M5! I guess my cobra is still pretty quick. :coolman:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I think this is why you see most GT mustangs spilled within the first week/month of ownership. They are just fast enough where you think they are sporty and you can handle them, and the cobras later on down the line where the owner thinks he/she has a feel for the car. I didn't drive my cobra for over a year and it felt alot faster than I remembered. Its to the point if I feel something is like that I put it in the shed and drive something slow for a while.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Yeah you get used to it, and if you drive something really slow and get back in your car, you're like Holy Shit :eek: this thing is fast.

SpectorV

Established Member
I was still trying to sell my 01 v6 mustang when I purchased my 03 cobra. I didnt really drive the 01 as I didnt want to get any more miles on it before it sold. I did have to drive it to work one day for a potential buyer to inspect it. It felt VERY slow compared to what I was used to.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I have said that since the first time I drove my Cobra. Until you get behind the wheel you really can't explain it. Then when you drive something else and come back to it, YOU CAN FEEL THE POWER. People ask what its like and I tell them its faster that you would imagine. You can be cruising and look down and be over 100 mph and not feel it. Very few cars have I driven I can say this about. I've heard many a naysayer say bad things about a Cobra saying they should of bought something else. Well, they should have. Every car has its own personality just like we do. My Cobra, I Love It. Just afraid to drive it because of all the idiots out there that can't drive who look at the car and then about sideswipe it and such. Yes the Cobras are fast and you get what you pay for.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
I hear you exactly man, my car sat for about a month and a half waiting on the pro motion t45 and I had to drive an old 4.3 blazer for awhile. When I got back in my car I was like "DAMN this things a beast!"

UCBeau

i hear ya..my pile is fairly slow to me but my brother got a ride in it the other day and admitted that it would rape his M5 and even beat a new M5

Users who are viewing this thread