Getting Whippled next week......hopefully!!

00QckSlvrLight

As Fast As Lightning!
Established Member
Well fellas as many of you know I have been in the market for either a KB or whipple, and i finally decided to go whipple..... I just got done ordering the 60 lber's, Phantom boost, and fuel pressure, and LFP Auxilary ideler kit (90mm). Tommorrow will be the actual purchase date.... for the whipple.... Im so excited..... On a different note.... does anyone know where I can get the AEM wideband for a good deal???..... I will be post numbers asap.....
J :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:beer:

Last edited:

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Sweet man. Good luck with it.....Mines def. making more power then my KB did.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I don't think the idler kit will work with the Whipple? Not sure. I tried to find the AEM when I got my Whipple a few weeks ago, but it was backordered everywhere. I went with the Dynojet WBC and love it! Matches the Phantom gauges perfectly too.

Picture009.gif

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Congrats on the upcoming new power!! The AEM, LM-1 or WBC will all work with the XCAL2 for datalogging so whichever one you can get will work.

00QckSlvrLight

As Fast As Lightning!
Established Member
Well thanks fellas, I already have the mind set to get the AEM so if I have to wait then so be it, but does anyone know roughly how much i'll be looking at spending for it?

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
damn dude thats not fair i wish i made as much bank as you just the blower is a freaking months pay for me, i was happy to be sending mine out for porting (home port for $150 verified on 4 trucks at 30hp and 10 trq) a 6lb pulley and tune at ret, you are deffanitly gonna need my slicks now! when your done let me know your welcome to use them a few passes

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
00QckSlvrLight said:
Well thanks fellas, I already have the mind set to get the AEM so if I have to wait then so be it, but does anyone know roughly how much i'll be looking at spending for it?

$250-$300.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Dont mind my incondsiderate and obligerrante post Kyule an d Junior.. But just off hand, ho far do yuo think you guys will get until you spend over 20K on just a built engine and tran s form one distributor ....

BTW.. Kyle PM me..

PS. Dont anyunone take my words worht anything because im focked uyp right now.. late, St an

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Rons Bolt said:
Your fastest times are on a KB though...

Yes sir they are BUT when I made my one and only pass on the whipple I was at or above the trucks NORMAL operating temp. wich means no cool down at all and the blower was hot enough to cook an egg on. It STILL matched the KB's trap @ 121 in worse weather. I promise you when Pat gets the race tune squared away it'll make 640 and with ice 660 to the wheels. I also didn't have time to tweak the suspension. Next friday should be a good day for a KB, Whipple track comparison as the weather is showing very simular conditions to when I ran that 11.25 @ 121.................But your's and Scott's race is whats really gonna bring the crowds in :poke: . Chuck'll be there trying to shut both of you down though. :beer:

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
fuzzie said:
Yes sir they are BUT when I made my one and only pass on the whipple I was at or above the trucks NORMAL operating temp. wich means no cool down at all and the blower was hot enough to cook an egg on. It STILL matched the KB's trap @ 121 in worse weather. I promise you when Pat gets the race tune squared away it'll make 640 and with ice 660 to the wheels. I also didn't have time to tweak the suspension. Next friday should be a good day for a KB, Whipple track comparison as the weather is showing very simular conditions to when I ran that 11.25 @ 121.................But your's and Scott's race is whats really gonna bring the crowds in :poke: . Chuck'll be there trying to shut both of you down though. :beer:

LOL! I'm just messing with you buddy. IMO the KB and the whipple on stock blocks @ 17#'s will be close. :thumbsup:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
RBakerian said:
Off Topic. Like your new sig Ron. :coolman:

+1 and can't wait to see some times when all your trucks get dialed in. I will be there soon. Just got to do some other stuff then I will be back in a L again.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Dont mind my incondsiderate and obligerrante post Kyule an d Junior.. But just off hand, ho far do yuo think you guys will get until you spend over 20K on just a built engine and tran s form one distributor ....

BTW.. Kyle PM me..

PS. Dont anyunone take my words worht anything because im focked uyp right now.. late, St an

haha stan i swear this is the last thing i buy till i can afford a built motor and another blower other than the rest of my suspension setup and look cool mods :coolman:

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Rons Bolt said:
LOL! I'm just messing with you buddy. IMO the KB and the whipple on stock blocks @ 17#'s will be close. :thumbsup:

Should be a good one. :D

00QckSlvrLight

As Fast As Lightning!
Established Member
I picked up the stock lower on friday...... so next sunday, im gonna be one hard working mutha sucka!!!! Luckily im gonna have some helping hands..... VprPwr "Daniel" and maybe Rick from the socal boards..... We will hopefully be able to install my 24-2600 stall, 60lb'ers, 255 walbrows, and if we have time the Whipple..... Cant wait till the UPS lady comes a knockin' on my door.... yeeeeeessssssss.....
J

Users who are viewing this thread