Giants and Burrrrrrrrrassssssss

darknightcobra

REALTOR
Established Member
so what does anyone think about the giants star wide out who had a gun on him in a night club last friday and shot himself with it???:beer: But like the g-men said today, they do not need him, they have proven themselves that they have beaten the seahawks and the skins without him sooooo they must be still super bowl bound right??? yeah the skins and the sea-birds! Thats what i said!

snakebitgt94

Established Member
definitley we still got TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMER

oh and nobody can bring down brandon jacobs so its over baby. 2 in a row!!! i smell it coming.

ff500

Established Member
I can't figure out why some pro athletes making all that money do some of the stupid things they do.

CSD

Banned
so what does anyone think about the giants star wide out who had a gun on him in a night club last friday and shot himself with it???:beer: But like the g-men said today, they do not need him, they have proven themselves that they have beaten the seahawks and the skins without him sooooo they must be still super bowl bound right??? yeah the skins and the sea-birds! Thats what i said!

The Giants will repeat this year without Burress.

IcE

Established Member
Being as Eagles fan you know my opinion is going to be a bit biased against the Giants. However, even though Plaxico had only 18 receptions this season I think his loss can have more of an effect then some realize.

Some teams including the Eagles would keep only 6-7 in the box because they were afraid of Burress and his size defeating them down the field in Manning threw up a jump ball. Now that he is out, and he was their best reciever last season I believe the Giants will be seeing a lot more 8 man fronts then they have. I know they have a tremendous backfield and I am not taking that away from them.

However it is a lot harder to run with 8 in the box and blitzing then it is with 6-7 men in the box. Their other recievers do not scare me as much as Burress has and would have. I completely expect the Eagles to run Asante, Sheldon, and Lito 1v1 vs those recievers all day next week while keeping Q or Dawk in the box for the run. Will see a lot more blitzing as well. Who knows maybe they will even play Demps too. He did a great job against Boldin last week.

To get to the point. The Giants have done well without Burress this season and I am not taking that away from them. However, I believe they will see an effect on the ground game and their offense without his presence at 6'5". Say what you want about Hixon, Moss, Smith, or even Manningham but none of them are the proven veterans that Burress is.

Last edited:

ff500

Established Member
This is really hard for me... I may even need therapy for agreeing but.... The Giants may actually repeat as Champs. :cryying:

canibus

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lwaXst6j0Q&feature=related"]YouTube - Plaxico Burress Shoots Himself - cell phone video[/ame]

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
rightfully so. there is so much FAIL written on that situation it's almost too funny

Users who are viewing this thread