Gibson Guitars: Years that had mediocre wood

CV355

_
Established Member
If you were looking for a total custom shop guitar, who would you have build it?
Next time Im at a guitar store, Ill have to look for one.

Total custom shop? Mayones. Hands down.

I absolutely love my Mayones.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
This is one of my 2 identical customs he built. (Purple burst and Brown burst)
The only thing I bought was the bodies. ESP ghost built the necks to Kamikaze specs. I have all the other specs.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This is one of my 2 identical customs he built. (Purple burst and Brown burst)
The only thing I bought was the bodies. ESP ghost built the necks to Kamikaze specs. I have all the other specs.

You ever get to play those things anymore?

CV355

_
Established Member
@CV355 @Revvv

Any recs for luthiers that can modify a prebuilt guitar?

Ohh, that's a good question and unfortunately I don't have a specific answer for you. I'd check to see if you have any local luthiers. Check with nearby music stores- more often than not, they're already using a luthier for repairs or complicated setups.

I used to work with a guy who was a luthier on the side and his craftsmanship was amazing. Always good to support the smaller local guys, especially since there's a higher level of quality since their entire business relies on word of mouth. Same with gunsmiths. Definitely do your research though- there are some bad seeds in the lot. Google "Vampiire Guitars" (yes, two i's, at least that's how DeVries used to spell it, maybe he was drunk though).

Users who are viewing this thread