Give me a rough estimate on value please

ez2cyi1

Established Member
I love my Mach 1, but I want to buy my first house in the spring and not having the payment/insurance would really let me shop a little more comfortably for what I want. I know the market isn't wonderful for higher mileage cars but I'm curious if it's even worth selling for what I would need for it. My bank valued it at $11,800 with the miles.

It's a black 2003 with 111,3xx miles. Relatively few modifications.
- K&N filter with free mods (milk jug replaced by $5 UPR plug, airbox silencer removed)
- Meziere electric water pump
- Roy's 1/2" intake manifold spacer
- King Cobra clutch with Steeda quadrant

Relatively new tires (alignment when the new front tires went on at ~108k). Front bumper has a few spots where the paint is chipped off, but other than that the car is in pretty nice shape for the mileage.

Few pics.

d070b05d.jpg

ce3da8e2.jpg

1762eda2.jpg

2c3591dd.jpg

What's a fair expectation to ask? I owe about $10K on it. Thanks in advance.

Monster Mach

Established Member
i paid 9500 with half the miles and a perfect paint job for my car... if you can get rid of it on c.l for 10k do it..

ez2cyi1

Established Member
That's sort of what I was expecting to hear. By the time spring comes around I'll have it paid down a bit more to where it's probably more likely to be able to sell.

Or I'll just find a little cheaper house and keep it, I do love driving the thing. :)

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
That's sort of what I was expecting to hear. By the time spring comes around I'll have it paid down a bit more to where it's probably more likely to be able to sell.

Or I'll just find a little cheaper house and keep it, I do love driving the thing. :)

Have someone fix the front bumper- it shouldn't be over $400 to do it. It totally lets the car down IMO- you will get a LOT more for your car if you do- GL.

ez2cyi1

Established Member
I do have someone lined up to paint the bumper over the winter while she's tucked away, thank you.

I also have a full front suspension setup waiting to go on it (PSR k-member/a-arms, Strange 10-way struts, Strange coilovers, and Maximum Motorsports CC plates) but at this point I figure that stuff is worth more in boxes than installed.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I do have someone lined up to paint the bumper over the winter while she's tucked away, thank you.

I also have a full front suspension setup waiting to go on it (PSR k-member/a-arms, Strange 10-way struts, Strange coilovers, and Maximum Motorsports CC plates) but at this point I figure that stuff is worth more in boxes than installed.

You might as well keep it then. When you get the $ do a rebuild of the drive train and you'll have a BEAST on your hands.:rockon:

holzmach

Established Member
i would keep it and buy a smaller house.

most of all banks i know wont lend to someone trying to buy a car as old as ours with that high of mileage, to much risk, unless the buyer has a big down payment.

i am pretty sure you will only pull about 7-8k out of the car wich will leave you under it still.

i would struggle through it and get it payed off, because im sure you will want i simular car in the future so you will have the house payment and will be trying to get back in another car when this would be payed off.

you could pay it down but you would need to spend about a year doing so for it really to pay off in the long run.

ez2cyi1

Established Member
i would struggle through it and get it payed off, because im sure you will want i simular car in the future so you will have the house payment and will be trying to get back in another car when this would be payed off.

You're right in that, if I were to sell it and get settled in a house, it wouldn't be long before I'd be trying to figure out if I could afford a Cobra or GT500. :) It's the first Mustang I've owned but I doubt it will be the last.

Users who are viewing this thread