Glenns modded 03/04 tank Help

FMD

Established Member
Hi there guys, ill try to make this short and sweet. Just went to bolt up glenns modded 03/04 cobra tank into my 01 cobra (advertised for all 99-04 mustangs) and 2 things are going to be an issue. One, right next to the vapor valve, the larger blue valve that connects to the cannister.. its welded shut. I cannot put the large blue valve in there. Whats to be done about the line coming from the canister? And two, the fuel filler neck grommet is to small. It does not fit correctly inside the hole, and wiggles around and will 100% positively leak, but every listing for this tank claims it requires no modifications to the filler neck OR a new grommet for anything 99+... so what gives? Thanks guys.

-Frank

71catruck

Established Member
I got one of there tanks years ago. I had no problems with mine, I would try calling them to see what they say. When I was dealing with them they had grest customer service.

71catruck

Established Member
I looked at their site and looks like they sent you a tank for 79-97 cars that they call a cobra conversion tank. Part #COBCO1 IMG_0197 (Small)_3.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread