Glock 17 or Sig 226?

Evenflow

Established Member
Glock: $450
Sig: $750

Both brand spankin 9mm new. I shot them both and I am equally good with both of them. Neither of them has a rail which I really want so I can put a light on it. How much would a rail cost to put on these? I need help deciding!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
I have been looking at XD pistols but before that I was considering a SIG P226 or 229. Glocks have a good rep but they are just not my style.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Why not look into an XD or an M&P? Both come with rails and both are (In my opinion) slight improvements on the Glock design.

Shoot all of them and pick on how they feel. I recently went with an M&P.

Evenflow

Established Member
I'm in MA so no Springers.

I shoot both well and awesome so its hard to choose here.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Well, I see no one has actually given any good advice...

SHOOT BOTH, see which you like and are comofortable with and purchase = profit.

/thread

:dw: You miss most of the posts in this thread chief?

I shot them both and I am equally good with both of them.

Shoot all of them and pick on how they feel.

I shoot both well and awesome so its hard to choose here.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
sigs are rust magnets...just wait. you'll see.

i've had and carried my 229 for 5 years and have put prolly 1000rds though it, it's been rained and snowed on and yet there isn't a spot of rust on it nor has there even been...gee i wonder why

OP both are fine guns

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
I strongly recommend the M&P from Smith&Wessen also. Try it. I was in the market about 6months ago. Tried the Glock. It was uncomfortable to ME. I never tried the 226. The XMP was increadible comfortable and came with the 3 different size palm swells(like the M&P) plus a holster and extra clips.

I fell in love with the M&P40 personally with the XMP in 2nd. Glock has a great rep. and weighs less then the others and holds more rounds but it didn't fit me. Not trying to confuse you more but the XMP and M&P are ones you might look into also.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
i've had and carried my 229 for 5 years and have put prolly 1000rds though it, it's been rained and snowed on and yet there isn't a spot of rust on it nor has there even been...gee i wonder why

OP both are fine guns

mine was department issue. they were inspected weekly. so, we had to clean them weekly. wonder why. the dept switched over to glock and we didnt have the inspections anymore. wonder why:shrug:

just me experience. doesnt mean op has to go with what i say. do your own research and see.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Get a newer glock. All of the new ones have rails. I guess I should say all of the new non-subcompacts to be more precise.

Last edited:

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
Another loyal Glock user here. But, I can honestly say what everyone else has. YOU have to try different ones to see what feels best to YOU. Just because one person likes how one feels/shoots, doesnt mean the other will.

For reliability, I just personally don't think you can go wrong with a Glock. Thats what our department carries, but alot of our officers also have them as their personal sidearms too. Our local Police Department (I'm Sheriff) carries Sigs. They have for atleast 10 years now. Once again, another great sidearm. I have just always felt the sigs were heavier, and never fit my hands quite right. But, as said.... try to shoot every one known to man to find out what YOU like best!

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
sigs are rust magnets...just wait. you'll see.
Really? I've put a couple thousands rounds through mine SIG and there is zero rust. :shrug: Maybe you should get your facts straight.

OP, I own a Glock and a SIG and I would choose the SIG anyday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread