"GMEATR" 5.0 had a little too much on his plate.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I love when people call out a whole brand of cars with a stockish car. Unless you have a Super Snake, ZR1, or ****ing Veyron, its you're going to need a little more than just a few bolt-ons to safely call out a whole brand of cars.

I decided to wake my Z06 up from sleeping in the garage this morning to drive to my classes. I'm trying to drive it as much as possible before the snow comes. I get out of class around 10 this morning. On my way home, theres a grabber blue Mustang up ahead.

I've been dying to get a race in with a 03/04 Cobra or new GT500. I get a little closer.... And its a newer mustang. Great, I'm cruising at around 65mph. His license plate stood out a little "GMEATR". I could tell it wasnt stock. It wasnt obnoxious, but it definately had an aftermarket exhaust. I get along side, and see the 5.0 badge.

Usually I'm not the one to provoke a race, but this guy had it coming. I was going to see what "GMEATR" was capable of.

I get up next to him and match his speed. He's doing 55. He speeds up a little... And so do I. I stay next to him.. By this time, were doing 65, IDK if he sped up to benefit himself, or if he was a little scared.

He downshifts, and takes off. I drop it into 3rd and begin persuit. It didnt take long for him to be in the rear view. We both slow back down. about 30 seconds later, he's about 1-2 cars back, and punches it. When he's up to my door, I notice what he's doing, and stop his pull and begin to move out once again.

That was the end of that... The nitrous wasnt hooked up, but if it was... I would have sprayed on him just for the simople fact of having that license plate.

I was happy with the results. Hopefully that inspires him to do some more stuff to his car to make it harder on the next guy.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Maybe he was referring to stockish 5th gen camaros since they kind of are the red headed step child of new 5.0s. Of course he could just have his head up his ass. That is a pretty bold plate to be rolling around with tho....

Nice kill.

Satyr

Established Member
There was a guy around my town a few years back with a 99-04 GT that had a plate saying 8UR LS1 or LS1 EATR...something like that. It was the same time I had my GTO, so I used to laugh at him a lot as I walked him in my mostly stock car.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
IMO, he could have had a car that was 700+ HP and sold it and purchased the Grabber bue 5.0.

Then again, some people are idiots, and you defintiely got your point across.

I wish I could put my Stang away and not DD it, just so I could appreciate it more and enjoy it when I do drive it.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Not to defend him but something I noticed when I raced a stock 01 z06 was that aerodynamics came into play around 100-120. I'd be interested to see a dig race off the spray. If you were close I'd take the challenge. Not saying I'd win but just for fun.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
In this day and age of common place 10 second rides, fools with 13 second cars should keep their mouth's, and license plates, shut.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Not to defend him but something I noticed when I raced a stock 01 z06 was that aerodynamics came into play around 100-120. I'd be interested to see a dig race off the spray. If you were close I'd take the challenge. Not saying I'd win but just for fun.

Considering Camaro_94's mods I don't think it'd be much fun even from a dig.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member

I'm always down for a friendly run. Too bad were not closer..

It's a long shot... But if you're ever in the area... LMK. lol

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
this got me to thinking...i need a plate like that for the 96GT. not hating GM, but i bet it will get a few races. And a few suprised GM owners.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
NK Camaro 94, whats the Vet lay dwn with juice and without? What does she weigh?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
NK Camaro 94, whats the Vet lay dwn with juice and without? What does she weigh?

450rwhp on motor, no nitrous numbers yet though... Should be around 570rwhp with the spray. It's stock weight also. Haven't taken anything out. I think it weighs around 3100lbs.

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
In this day and age of common place 10 second rides, fools with 13 second cars should keep their mouth's, and license plates, shut.

who's car was a 13 second car out of that race?

Considering Camaro_94's mods I don't think it'd be much fun even from a dig.

Regardless I'd still do it for shits and giggles.

I'm always down for a friendly run. Too bad were not closer..

It's a long shot... But if you're ever in the area... LMK. lol

haha will do. Once my friend gets his stroker vette fixed we'll run for fun.

F8L BYT

Established Member
I love when people call out a whole brand of cars with a stockish car. Unless you have a Super Snake, ZR1, or ****ing Veyron, its you're going to need a little more than just a few bolt-ons to safely call out a whole brand of cars.

I decided to wake my Z06 up from sleeping in the garage this morning to drive to my classes. I'm trying to drive it as much as possible before the snow comes. I get out of class around 10 this morning. On my way home, theres a grabber blue Mustang up ahead.

I've been dying to get a race in with a 03/04 Cobra or new GT500. I get a little closer.... And its a newer mustang. Great, I'm cruising at around 65mph. His license plate stood out a little "GMEATR". I could tell it wasnt stock. It wasnt obnoxious, but it definately had an aftermarket exhaust. I get along side, and see the 5.0 badge.

Usually I'm not the one to provoke a race, but this guy had it coming. I was going to see what "GMEATR" was capable of.

I get up next to him and match his speed. He's doing 55. He speeds up a little... And so do I. I stay next to him.. By this time, were doing 65, IDK if he sped up to benefit himself, or if he was a little scared.

He downshifts, and takes off. I drop it into 3rd and begin persuit. It didnt take long for him to be in the rear view. We both slow back down. about 30 seconds later, he's about 1-2 cars back, and punches it. When he's up to my door, I notice what he's doing, and stop his pull and begin to move out once again.

That was the end of that... The nitrous wasnt hooked up, but if it was... I would have sprayed on him just for the simople fact of having that license plate.

I was happy with the results. Hopefully that inspires him to do some more stuff to his car to make it harder on the next guy.

Good kill! I agree with the whole plate thing... I see in your sig it says the 150 shot is a lsx shootout mod so does that mean you are coming here to indy in a couple weeks?

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
450rwhp on motor, no nitrous numbers yet though... Should be around 570rwhp with the spray. It's stock weight also. Haven't taken anything out. I think it weighs around 3100lbs.

Damn nice power and weight!

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good kill, it sounds like you have a nice setup!

this got me to thinking...i need a plate like that for the 96GT. not hating GM, but i bet it will get a few races. And a few suprised GM owners.

Nothing wrong with stirring the pot as long as someone can back it up or doesn't mind eating crow :rockon:

Last edited:

jas11151990

Established Member

ya with 450 whp you should move out pretty well .... seeing even my car for example is 422 at 3600 lbs ish...... Nice kill some people dont realize there is always a faster car :D

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
IMO, he could have had a car that was 700+ HP and sold it and purchased the Grabber bue 5.0.

Then again, some people are idiots, and you defintiely got your point across.

I wish I could put my Stang away and not DD it, just so I could appreciate it more and enjoy it when I do drive it.

Probably. Haha bet he had something making serious power and just had to use that plate for his new car, no way he put that on there thinking his 5.0 would beat any GM he came across. He probably saw the Z coming up behind him and thought, "Oh shit he saw my plate, this is going to be embarrassing." At least he was a good sport and ran you. He could have left you thinking maybe he was packing some serious power and didn't want to waste his time on you. haha

Users who are viewing this thread