GMP's new Street Fighter 93 Cobra

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Anyone see this new model from GMP? It will be avalible in 08/08 for $110 and only 996 will be made. Look pretty sweet I guess, but I like the stock models more.

cobrabox2.jpg

cobrabox1.jpg

G1801829rear.jpg

G1801829eng.jpg

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Wow. The detail is good enough to see that its a Vortech and a Holley Systemax intake! Pretty cool. Not diggin the paint job but whatever. :beer:

drkhrse

Established Member
I finaly opened my 91 GT street fighter in blue, great detail, nicely done as GMP always has done! I'll have to get this one as well.

8URC6

God Bless America
Established Member
Dam its even got a MSD ignition box, cool. I will be adding to my collection in 08/09

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
Wow, tough crowd LOL! I'm the product development guy here at GMP that designed this 1993 Cobra Custom. I'm a huge fan of the Eleanor Super Snake car, so I wanted to do a Fox Body version of a Super Snake. That's where the Super Snake paint scheme came from including the Dupont Pepper Gray paint. I went with black wheels to give it a toughness. I suspected that the purist 93 Cobra guy wouldn't be into it but that's OK. They sold very well to our custom Mustang collectors.
The funny thing is that the idea popped into my head when reading a post online here when somebody referred to the 1993 Mustang Cobra as a modern Shelby of sorts, or something along those lines.
I think if someone were to build this car (maybe with different wheels), it would be on the cover of a Mustang Mag guaranteed. Personally I'd love to own something like an Eleanor-themed Fox Body Cobra.

Here's the question of the day then, we can't produce any other version of the Cobra if we stick 100% with stock, so if you Cobra guys wanted to see something other than a 1993 Cobra (Red, black, or teal), 1993 Cobra R, or a Cobra R Steeda version (which is selling just OK to my surprise) - then would you want a Drag Cobra? If so what type of mods? Paint, engine, wheels/tires, chassis mods? Mild custom? If there's something you'd want, we're all ears.

Thanks,
John

Hec332

SBF W/Twin 76's Street Car
Established Member
All black cobra with matching ineterior and drags wheel would be awesome...

drkhrse

Established Member
Wow, tough crowd LOL! I'm the product development guy here at GMP that designed this 1993 Cobra Custom. I'm a huge fan of the Eleanor Super Snake car, so I wanted to do a Fox Body version of a Super Snake. That's where the Super Snake paint scheme came from including the Dupont Pepper Gray paint. I went with black wheels to give it a toughness. I suspected that the purist 93 Cobra guy wouldn't be into it but that's OK. They sold very well to our custom Mustang collectors.
The funny thing is that the idea popped into my head when reading a post online here when somebody referred to the 1993 Mustang Cobra as a modern Shelby of sorts, or something along those lines.
I think if someone were to build this car (maybe with different wheels), it would be on the cover of a Mustang Mag guaranteed. Personally I'd love to own something like an Eleanor-themed Fox Body Cobra.

Here's the question of the day then, we can't produce any other version of the Cobra if we stick 100% with stock, so if you Cobra guys wanted to see something other than a 1993 Cobra (Red, black, or teal), 1993 Cobra R, or a Cobra R Steeda version (which is selling just OK to my surprise) - then would you want a Drag Cobra? If so what type of mods? Paint, engine, wheels/tires, chassis mods? Mild custom? If there's something you'd want, we're all ears.

Thanks,
John

John,
First off let me say thank you, to you and your company for making a superb replica of a 93 cobra and 93 cobra R! I have all of them as well as all the Fox body GMP police cars and many other GMP (and other) die cast mustangs.

I actually like the car you designed, I have it on preorder already. As for future cars, look at the guys sigs posting on this forum. A Black 93 cobra drag car would kick A$$! I also like the road race versions, like mine from back in the day. On a 93 I would stay away from stripes, they don’t seem to fit the car well. (Just my .02). I have been a Mustang Die cast collector for ~10 years an have over 200 1:18 scale mustangs and cobras, can't count how many other scale mustangs.

Link to a taste of my collection (near end of thread)
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471527&highlight=collection

My 93R back in its heyday
93R_race.jpg

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
I appreciate any suggestions and will look at an all black Drag Cobra with black interior. Only issues with that is that our last drag Mustang was a black Notchback and we've done a black 1993 Cobra already and may have another black hatchback possibly in the near future. I'm not ruling out the black Cobra though.
Hey I'm a diehard fox body Mustang guy, I drive an 88 GT as a daily driver almost 60 miles a day, 1.7" drop, exhaust, 4 wheel disc brake conversion, bullitts, Eibach sway bar kit, etc. I also have an 85 Notch street strip car I'm finishing as well as a 1980 Cobra that I'm making into a modern streetfighter road race car that will hopefully be close enough to streetable. I have 3 friends with 1993 Cobras and on and on.
I'm actually kinda surprised the 1993 Steeda Cobras aren't doing a little better.
I think I know what you guys would say about this, but I considered seeing if we could do the 1993 Cobra R prototype car, think it's black with a BBS style wheel on it. Think it was some sort of test mule for the production 1993 Cobra R.
On another note, the 1993 Cobra Rs we produced have long been sold out here at GMP and did very well. Special thanks to Larry Lamb and family that helped make that car happen.

Thanks again,
John

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'd like to see a 93 Saleen in Calypso Green!
Also a 93 Saleen SA-10
:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread