Go Lower???

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Alright, the car has Steeda springs on it (which I might sell), and I'm contemplating on dropping it a bit more. The back sits up in the air a little bit, but not too much. I kinda dig slammed Cobras though.

What do you guys think? H&R? or cut some coils?

And here is more of a sly shot to put it in perspective of how it sits...

Thanks for the help guys, I am a stickler for how the car sits....

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
You don't want to, "slam it," mine is slammed and it's no fun over speed bumps and dips in the road. Don't cut the springs either. Eibach and H&R make some decent springs. I run H&R SS's it's a little too low..

Last edited:

whistlin93SVT

Titty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Coil-overs, if you drop her too low, crank her back up.

If not, H&Rs.

I dont know why you are asking what others think, you know that you will not be statisfied until it sits like your old car :banana:

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Okay, what do you mean by too low, not streetable? Too much hassle?

Brad, your car looks pretty good. Thats the look I'm goin' for. Low, and even... With a slight rake... I mean slight....

Do you guys have any pics for this or should I post this in the suspension section?

Last edited:

bp03svt

Established Member
Brad, leave your car the way it is--it looks sick. Please don't ever cut any springs, that's a good way to screw your car up and have to buy new springs.

RGrossman

Established Member
Go Lower! H&R SS, no front isolaters, stock rear isolaters. I get compliments all the time with how perfect the car sits. No rubbing with 285/35 front and 335/30 rear.

HPIM0427.jpg

HPIM0425.jpg

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Haha, Ryan, you do realize your car is the look I was goin' for.... Damn your car is just sick lookin'.

sicboy

you talkin to me?
Established Member
coilovers !!!!!

i heve hed 3 cobras with all types springs and ive never been happy till i did the mm coilovers!!

flamed03vert

Established Member
Like all the really low guys here....I am running H&R SS too with no front isolaters. Way to freaking low for around here where I live, but it looks good. The exhaust like to hit the ground on sone choppy roads, and rapidly changing grades....

Fast Willy

Established Member
RGrossman said:
Go Lower! H&R SS, no front isolaters, stock rear isolaters. I get compliments all the time with how perfect the car sits. No rubbing with 285/35 front and 335/30 rear.

HPIM0427.jpg

HPIM0425.jpg

Are those 18's? and how did you fit a 335 on the back. I had trouble getting a 335 on my car with the MM spacer. but my 335 was the hoosier drag radial.

FKing1

Established Member
I have Steeda Sports and was not happy with the rear drop. Cut one coil off the rear and got 1-1/2" drop to match the front's 1-1/2 (no cut). Rarely scrape on anything and am satisfied. Cutting did not affect the ride quality.
Fred

DIB%20copy.jpg

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Ryan,

That is the first picture i have seen of your cobra... looks good. You have always had low cars :coolman:

YGETV8

Established Member
For God's sake... NO, do NOT cut your springs! Oh, wait... that is how I "ghetto" lowered mine. Cut my stockers. Rides fine. Looks fine. NO ill effects. If you are just trimming to get the look you want, you'll be more than happy with the results.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
RGrossman said:
Mike, I always will have low cars, no other way to do it!

How do you like your exhaust? i bought the car with stock headers, MAC Catted X and 3" MAC catback and HATE it. The resonation gives me the worst damn headache :bash: (its worse when the top is up) Hell i keep a bottle of tylenol in the car. I am thinking about changing everything and going with an H pipe.

-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread