God damn Goodyears...

ChuckV

Established Member
ANOTHER flat F1. ANOTHER one. This makes it 3, including one blow out at 35 MPH on smooth pavement. These are, bar none, the worst tires I've owned, by far. They grip worse than any other tire I've ever owned in the wet, do poorly in the straight line in the dry, and don't do all that well in the corners either. This BEYOND the issue of them going flat at least twice a month!

To top it off, right as I was getting off the highway to nurse it home, and LS1 with an exhaust drives by and revs, then looks at me like I'm crazy as I turn off. Not that I would have raced him there anyways (right infront of a police station, haha), but I would have liked to have talked a little shop with him.

Aren't there federal standards for these things? 3 bad tires in a month and a half. I just don't get how they can sell these things.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Sometimes it just works out that way. When I moved to Dallas almost three years ago, I have 4 flats on my '02 GT 'vert within a month. Oddly enough, it was each corner of the car and I'm still bewildered why that would happen. Granted, these are not the best tires, but if you're anywhere near construction with them, go fast the opposite way.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
mine had a little more than 1/2 tread left at 9500 miles. so 20K on street driven cobra (no burn outs, track time or auto-cross) isnt unheard of. you have to stick to the to the rotation schedule....

Im short you have to drive like your grandma if you want the tires to last. I posted on your other thread, get the GS D3's they are a great all weather performance tire.

Users who are viewing this thread